• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling/Chili Cook Off Feb 9th?

DaveNJeep

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking of getting a few Heeps together and going wheeling either before or after this Capital City Mountain Goats 7th Annual Chili Cook Off event. Maybe Uncle Tom's cabin or ? I'm very open to suggestions so if you have an idea speak up!

Maybe run Mormon Emmigrant?

Does anyone want to actually cook Chili? That'd be cool.

Im over morman emigrant. Id be down for uncle toms though.

I dont want to cook chilli while im wheeling , maybe before or after, but I guess I could try to man a one burner on the passenger seat full of beans and spices while I jam through snow. Ram Jam through some snow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLnDuzgkjo . then take a nap.

if the chilli shindig is around ice house I think uncle toms is a fantastico idea.

My wife and I are planning to be at the cook off. As judging doesn't start until noon, you've got plenty of time for an early run then show for the eating/judging part.

I don't think the event is over until 3:00 PM.

Here is a list of who is going so far-

2 - 4door JK's
2 - TJ's
1 - XJ ME!

Come on guys, help me rep the XJ. lol

Seriously, I saw someone has posted the link to the vehicle map in another thread but I can't figure out how to print it big enough for me to read (there nothing wrong with my 48 y.o. eyes, it's the printer dammit lol).

Does anyone know of a LEGAL snow run in the Ice House area or have a local source to purchase the vehicle maps? We will be going to the chili cook off but want to wheel before or after.

The fs station will have free and fee maps at full scale. You need to ask them about open winter routes.

I have digital versions of the full scale maps on my site. Zoom in until you can see something. Lol

Im going to try to make this. Uncle toms wentworth would be a fun run.

Jon-

How would we access Wentworth? From the Robbs/Ice House side or come thru from the other side. Speaking of the other side, that comes out at Georgetown correct? That may be a bit far to go in the am. Also, is Wentworth maintained or is it like MET? (Not plowed but legal in the winter)

wentworth you could come from the georgetown side or the icehouse side. Id say the georgetown side would be real fun. Id love to do a snow run on this weekend. lets go out there and look for some snow.

Ok here's the low down-

Meeting at the Sheldon Park and Ride at 9am (but I'm sure we can pick someone up on the way). 2 - TJ's (one 35's the other 32's), 2 - JK's (one stock the other a Rubi) and me (XJ 33's).

Traveling up Hwy 50 to Ice House Rd. Then going up Wentworth Springs Rd as far as far as we can or until we decide to turn around and head back to the Chili Cookoff at Robbs. This way if Wentworth doesn't pan out we always have the Chili :)

BUT just in case we are all bringing our own lunch and having breakfast by the time we meet in the am.

We would love to have anyone in whatever they drive attend. Since we have a stock 4 door JK this will not be an "extreme" run. So if you want to meet up in your stocker we'd be happy to have you along!

CB channel 5. PM me for my phone #

when is this actually happening anyway?

dudes , we are getting snow tonight! and tomorrow. then clear for 10 days basically. we need to go snow wheeling on saturday. whats the plan? Go up ice house?

We're meeting at Mr. Perrys for breakfast then heading up. We should be traveling thru Sacto around 0945. Then proceding to Ice House Rd to Wentworth Springs Rd. Wheeling up as far as we can go or until its time to turn around. Then headed back down to check out the chili cookoff. Coming home Hwy 50.

CB 5

I agree with mike on that one.

Back