• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel adapters?

Looking for an adapter to turn a 5x5 into a 5x5.5 (so I can fit a 5x5.5" wheel)

Are you sure on the 5x5"? I have a couple of 1" adapters for a standard XJ wheel 5x4.5" to 5x5.5".

He's working on a WJ so he needs the 5 on 5.

emoticon.jpg

Had to buy 32s for my rig, and 31s for the wife's rig this year, new wheels for both.

My work season ends this week..

and as of the 1st of the year I'm a dad.

We're trying to take care of Christmas shopping next month..

We simply don't have the money right now to be buying the fancy stuff.

The only reason I need wheel adapters in the first place is because the dude selling them didn't know what he had. The wheels were supposed to be 5 on 5 and they were supposed to be off of an '03 WJ. I've already got too much money wrapped up in the wheels and tires, and already paid to have them mounted and balanced. Seems a shame to eat 60 bucks, sell the wheels, get different wheels (which are proving to be difficult to find for a 5 on 5 steel wheel-steel keeps the cost down) and then pay another 6 bucks to have those tires mounted on those wheels.

I've driven to aurora, greeley, and colorado springs to buy all this stuff trying to avoid paying retail. You win some, you lose some. After everything is said and done though I've only got $1200 into a set of American Racing 15x8 white wagon wheels(5) with BFG KM2 32x11.50R15's(4) and a set of Crager Soft 8s(4) with 31x10.50R15 Hankook Dynapro ATMs(5).

That's far less than half what all that would have been retail for about 80 bucks worth of gas. I think I did well, except for not measuring the cragers for the wife's rig before we took them home, and then not dry fitting them before we had the tires mounted. Live and learn.

Back