• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's brewing?

Spunding valves in action. Half gallon of strongly fermenting young beer was added to each corny tonight for conditioning.

d0362099-ac15-d238.jpg

And yeah, some of those clowns get downright closed-minded and fanatical.

I use bukkets but nothing harder than a sponge or washcloth gets put inside for cleaning. I haven't had any problems.

Last edited:
If you're still gonna be bottling for a while, with all the other stuff that kit includes, I'd say go for it. Most all of it's useful in some way. I'm still using that spigot bucket for my sanitizing solution.

If you're still gonna be bottling for a while, with all the other stuff that kit includes, I'd say go for it. Most all of it's useful in some way. I'm still using that spigot bucket for my sanitizing solution.

I went for it, its a step or six above the MRbeer kit i have. and i get to make more beer for my stock. when is brewfest so i can make sure to have brew to share for then?

Probably mid-late August.

Got my stuff in! im super excited.

any one need a bottle caper? sell it cheep :D if not i will throw it on CL

John, mid aug i will prolly pick up another kit to do. either way i will have brew to donate. A guy i work with makes an order bout once a week so i can get in with his shipping.

That CZ Pils came out pretty tasty.

Since that last post (in order):

10gal Centennial Blonde Ale
10gal Belgian Saison

Moved into a house, so I have beer space now!

10gal Triple Decoction Czech Pilsner (Weyermann Bohemian floor malt and CZ Saaz) (one of the best beers I've ever made, just a hair over 4% ABV and TASTY...5gal of it is keg conditioning for the Winter)
5gal Oaked coffee oatmeal pumpkin porter made from leftover LME and DME I had from beer kit gifts...went GREAT with the Thanksgiving meal!
10gal German Pilsner (half of it fermented with Munich lager yeast, half fermented with Pacman and ramped down to lagering temps...think 'altbier')
10gal gingerbread ale made from Maris Otter, noble hops, and spices

Thursday I'm tossing an IIPA into the mix with a 10gal batch Maris Otter, Caravienne, and a mix of CTZ, Cascade, and Falconer's Flight hops. :cheers:

Back