• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whatcha gotta get done before WF

Rear main seal replaced, hope all is good Monday morning when my brother puts oil pan back on and starts it up.

2abf93a3b41f7af98e21d50311d947fa.jpg

Is it bad I'm just now starting prep? Just got done pulling the doubler to upgrade the rear ouput to 32 spline, since I broke it a few weeks ago. Gotta tear it down, replace the ouput shaft, bearings, and seals. Then I'm building a new beefier rear 1350 driveshaft from scratch. Then throw it all back together before Wednesday. Wish I could take a day off from work, to work on it this week.

I've got 3 major things on the list left to do.
1. Install the Rough Stuff diff covers. (This would have been done last night, but the new longer hardware I bought is to soft and breaks off at less than half the torque they're supposed to be tightened to so I have to get some grade 5 or 8 bolts.)

2. Bead the brakes. (Again would have been done last night, but the damn lines wouldn't quit leaking at the bango fitting on the drivers caliper.)

3. Install rear bump stops. (Would have been done weeks ago but I broke a drill bit off while drilling out the broken off bolt, and now have to take it out to my uncles to have the mess torched out.)

Not sure if I have time to make it to liquor store down here, good thing they have one up there....

BRinging from home:
Crown Apple
and some jager

thinking I may have to kill some pigs and ring some fresh ribs for the smoker...or maybe a few bums...with the right BBQ sauce either are tasty.

I'm going to change the oil and fuel filter in the eurotrash.

and put parts in it.

Just finished up going through my neighbor's neglected trailer since the one I was going to buy wasn't ready for the trip. Loading up in the morning.

Shoot, I'll be doing u-joints Thursday night. Not looking forward to that.

is the other sean r bringing extra hats this year? after last year, i wouldn't want his head to get cold after a night of hotel fun

Thanks for reminding me. I totally forgot to pack them.

Back