• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what you guys think of this lift

mstnggt1990

NAXJA Forum User
just wondering if anyone has had the \8" XJ Long Travel Suspension Kit or if nyone knows anything about this kit... if it is good...how it ides and everything thanks for your posts about it

just out of curriosity, why do you need anything bigger than a 6" lift? i have never understood why so many people say they need or want over 6 inches of lift. unless you're doing some kind of rock crawling championship. even then, cherokees are top heavy enough with 6".

Don't get me wrong...in the long run it is your jeep and you can do what you want.
I don't know how long you have had your XJ or what you have done to it.

I'm going to assume you have stock axles (or atleast stock width). 8"s of lift on stock width axles would not be good for most terrains. The first time you get off camber...you are going to flop. I would suggest that if you go with a TALL lift at least go full width axles to help widen the stance to help with COG. Personally I think you should run the LEAST amount of lift and full width axles. Just make sure your suspension works well.

I think tall is just for compensation of something else.

6" is plent for 35s.

If oyu want LAs go TNT, if you want drop brackets go RE, both use RE componets though :D

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/mercha...s&Product_Code=800LT&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

I imagine thats the kit you want?

My opinion is that for that money I'd buy a Full Traction 6" Extreme kit, or a RE 5.5" kit, if you do go with 8" DO NOT put your spare on the roof.
Also it is Rusty's so if anything is wrong with the kit (highly unlikely) then you are never getting your money back, read their return policy, it sucks.
Again I have to say 6" is probably enough, but if you do go 8" please keep us informed.

while were on the subject of being tall and wide axels for COG... with a 6" is it a good idea to get 15x10 wheels vs the 15x8 or would it really make a diff when runnin 12.50s? sorry fro the newb ???

If you’re running 12.5 wide tires I would get an 8" wide wheel. I watched KarlVP run a 15x10 wheel on his 33x12.5 tires and he was constantly loosing his bead. He traded them in for some 10x8 tires and I've never seen him loose a bead since.

Back