• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Totally worth it. Ive gotten plenty of use out of mine. Too bad my only vehicle is OBD1 now lol

Removed all the old parts of the front suspension yesterday. Track bar bolt seems to be fused into the bushing sleeve on the axle end. Once I get that sorted I can start installing new parts.

Just picked up some axles

Also solved the check engine light with a new gas cap

That's an interesting upper control arm mount.

That's an interesting upper control arm mount.

Yeah. It's going away, wrong angle and not what I want. probably get a tnt truss.

The 4.56's, arb's, and upgraded shafts can stay though

I had to cut the bolt out on one.

I discovered the track bar bolt is under a bind and that you need to jack up one side of the axle to take the spring/axle pressure off of the bolt. There is a sweet spot that makes it easy to remove and install.

Removed all the old parts of the front suspension yesterday. Track bar bolt seems to be fused into the bushing sleeve on the axle end. Once I get that sorted I can start installing new parts.

Try jacking up the driver's side of the axle until the weight / spring tension hits a sweet spot and takes the force off the suspension force off the bolt

The frame side mount is off. The only thing connecting the axle to the body is the ds and steering. Lift has a double sheer drop bracket so I just buzzed the bolts out of it. Shouldn't be any tension on it. The nut is off the back side. It's just stuck in the sleeve of the bushing. I soaked it twice today with wd40 rust release so hopefully it does something. Might try heating it up really good and see if that makes a difference. I'll probably devote another half hour to it before I cut it.

Gunna try and work On it after work this week. Leaving for honeymoon after next weekend and I wanna get it lifted before then.

Use heat.

Internal slave went in the Peugeot trans. Started pulling it tonight, hopefully have it replaced and driving again this weekend. Sucks I don't have a ax15 that works to replace it with...

Threw some parts at the 87 Wagoneer 4x4 brake job. Discovered the hard way there is a front mount and rear mount caliper on these with the same damn part number at Autozone, not sure whch jeeps have the front mount ot the rear mount, or why they are different? The main difference is where the bleed is located. Mount a front mount on the rear and the bleeder ends up on the bottom of the caliper trapping air.

Trying to decide which brand and grade of ball joints to order for the 89 2wd Cherokee.

Got the Auto trans service manual in today for the ford Taurus, AX4n transmission to try and decide what is wrong, and make the scarp/or fix decision. I think it is infected with Jeep cloaked gremlins that make it work fine one day and not the next.

The 85 Diesel XJ is almost ready for inspection and the road again :)
Maybe Monday!!

Got the second eye BORG implant installed in my left eye Tuesday (no more cataracts, no more being blind) :) I am no longer blind, and back to driving again!!! The most amazing surgery there is, lowest risk and best results I hear. I was amazed as I hate doctors and hospitals.... Nearly 20:20 vision 24 hours after surgery.

20160227_192409_zpshtcdw5gm.jpg

Gonna change the fluid and throw it back in tomorrow. If I was better prepared I'd put my 231 with the sye in too

My 85 diesel is 100% back to working order and ready for the late inspection... (I need to get the new registration sticker), and I got a bunch of stuff I have wanted to fix for 13 years finally done :)

One last minor wiring hook up (wire already run) and sealant on the firewall and I will finally have a working tachometer on the beast as well. Also need to add the new dash switch for the AC/Heat custom control for the blower (no more popping the hood to connect/disconnect the blower to the battery LOL). Wires and relays are run and connected.

May get the late inspection done Tuesday!!! Wish me luck!!

My diesel jeep, 1985 passed Texas inspection today :)

She is back!!! And I have a working digital tach now too!!!

Back