• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

He has a template but he'd need the vehicle to match up the bolts and I think to remove frame horns but not sure I will ask.

What do you mean in that condition? Remove the coils?

Have it on the ground.

My replacement lug nut for the spacer finally arrived.

I'll be up and running again tonight

or not.

Swapped the bearing, replaced everything and something doesnt feel right. Getting some binding in the right front. Thinking its the wrong unit bearing since the rig has an HP axle swap.

Gonna take the old bearing to get the busted stud knocked out and replaced and see if that fixes it.

Also wondering if my torque wrench is out of whack. Seems like I got to 175ft-lbs on the axle nut really fast

or not.

Swapped the bearing, replaced everything and something doesnt feel right. Getting some binding in the right front. Thinking its the wrong unit bearing since the rig has an HP axle swap.

Gonna take the old bearing to get the busted stud knocked out and replaced and see if that fixes it.

Also wondering if my torque wrench is out of whack. Seems like I got to 175ft-lbs on the axle nut really fast

The Dana 30 in your rig was out of a 93 so it has the early style unit bearings, hope this helps.

Looks really good with the Rubi wheels!!!

The Dana 30 in your rig was out of a 93 so it has the early style unit bearings, hope this helps.

Looks really good with the Rubi wheels!!!

Makes sense. The rotors are cast so I thought it was the 01 assembly.

Thanks. Loving the jeep, can't wait to get it back on the road

Took apart the transfercases. Kind of. Can't get the roll pins out to get the shift forks out the way in either transfercase. So I'll order an extractor that's actually worth a shit to get the roll pins out.... Or find an actual 23 spline 242, which is what lazy me prefers.

Back on the road

Mt's aren't as loud as I remember

Drove to the bar and back. Didn't die. Jeep is back

f7dd1cecb2b4aad153e86548a8dce700.jpg

Stole the design from assdisco for the gremlim

That's a terrific setup. I wish I could do that kinda stuff better.

Not an XJ, but I did finish my sliders, repainted my bumper to match my cage and sliders, and finally bit the bullet and installed a 2" lift up front. Bronco is at the alignment shop getting an alignment right now. I also got my rear bumper mounting brackets cut out, bolted on, and started bending tube up for the rear bumper last night.

20150810_201717_zpsdy7w34gu.jpg

20150810_201707_zpspd8z5cmc.jpg

I love the OBS Fords. That looks nice. Its no XJ with an Exocage though.

Oddly enough I don't miss the exocaged XJ that much, I do miss my last XJ that I had though. That one was my baby. It just didn't make sense to keep it, the trailer, and tow rig anymore when all they did was collect dust.

Photos of the last one I built.... Rasputia was her name, she was big and fat, but I loved her all the same!

258F7113-DE08-4E52-958D-20AE84BEA75F-7525-000009A6886737A9.jpg

02E056AB-F870-4706-864B-1E9E3666C910-7525-000009A6A64F16F5.jpg

928D324E-AC9E-4507-B9C9-E97CBAAFB8B3-3900-000003B46E68F386.jpg

bac8d969.jpg

I am not sure. I sold it (minus the tires) to another one of the Arkansas Crawlers guys. He has since built a buggy, and sold it to someone else.

Had a built full width 44/9 combo, with detroit locker up front, spool in the rear, chromo shafts, 5.13's, and hydro assist steering up front. Those are 39.5 - 15" wide pit bull rockers that are on it. Custom radius arms up front, and bilsteins all around. That thing rode so smooth.

So update time. Finally got my new tranny (v2.0) installed, got the transfer case installed and some tires on it (placeholders for now). Havent installed the drive shafts yet. And im trying to figure out why the transfer case will only go into 4 hi and neutral. Im hoping that when i put the driveshafts in it will fix that. But the good news is she ran for the first time in over a year yesterday. WOOHOO. On a side note, the 4.0 is very loud without any exhaust

Back