• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Made the classic mistake of picking up the MAXCOOL version of the zj fan clutch and then for that straightened out last night. I'd like to get it back mounted tonight and the power steering pump assembled and installed. Still will need to go to the gym and mow the yard through.

Ok...so over the weekend I finally got around to trying to install the zj non-maxcool fan clutch. It spaces the fan so far forward that it's contacting the fan shroud. What am I doing incorrect? Anybody done the zj fan clutch? Specifically the one from AZ?

Ok...so over the weekend I finally got around to trying to install the zj non-maxcool fan clutch. It spaces the fan so far forward that it's contacting the fan shroud. What am I doing incorrect? Anybody done the zj fan clutch? Specifically the one from AZ?

I did one from Napa years ago, no issue even with a 3 core rad

Mine is fine. I don't remember the exact one I got from oreillys but it's for a ZJ

Well I went ahead and picked up the recommended one from advanced which does appear to be a tad shorter. Then I broke the shroud.

a67a2d7f70fd9be10ff68ef162ca3b02.jpg

Don't tell my wife I was putting parts on the kitchen counter.

If the picture isn't obvious, the one on the right is the advanced auto model. Left is the autozone model. I've read in at least more than one place on the world wide web now that autozone has the model numbers messed up for xj clutches. Who knows.

Are there any phyical differences between older and newer generation fan shrouds?

I started tryi to work In the garage and then Austin beerworks happened. Somewhere in the middle I went and had some bud lights at he neighbors house.

f9f5df2cd4caae22314ad1d8cfc6fe11.jpg

Worked on a no fuel problem on the white 87 4x4 Renix and on engine mounts and oil leak on the ford 96 Taurus. Some new tires and oil changes are on the menu...did some shop and office clean up, tossing out 30 year old junk.

Since to my knowledge we have never had a local meet and greet in the Houston-Galveston area yet for the RR chapter, and since this old man is about to turn 60 :( , I am wondering about having a get together in or near Galveston ( Beach ) to celebrate my recent survival (near death) and turning 60? Thinking of July 18-19 th weekend? Actual location is flexible.

Any interest in the local area?

Since to my knowledge we have never had a local meet and greet in the Houston-Galveston area yet for the RR chapter, and since this old man is about to turn 60 :( , I am wondering about having a get together in or near Galveston ( Beach ) to celebrate my recent survival (near death) and turning 60? Thinking of July 18-19 th weekend? Actual location is flexible.

Any interest in the local area?
I would be down, I will have at least 1 of the days of work and an only 45 minutes from Galveston

I have swaybar disconnects on my 2000. The bushings are shot??? Anybody know if Oreilly's or such sells assorted bushings that I may find a match? I don't see any listed for JKS just replace entire disconnect? Maybe I'm missing something?

Last edited:
Is there a trick to making the stock flares stay on? I pulled one off at the Ozark Rally. Popped it back on. Only one screw that was on the bottom of rocker panel. The others areas were just snap in piece of plastic to metal mounts riveted on. Drove less than 5 miles on highway and came off / loose had to remove? What can I do to make it work and stay on? This is on my 2000 and don't want Bushwackers or such. Do I need to search for a new replacement flare?

Back