• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Out With The Old...
IMG_20130423_201714_598_zps0bd06867.jpg

In With The New...Ish
IMG_20130423_201803_021_zps4d83ec28.jpg

The good Battery From My 95

So Are Windshields.... Mines Still Cracked. Plus I Didnt Have The Time To Make It Properly Streetable. I Needed A reliable Clean Blank Canvas

Replaced the busing and seal in the AW4 tail cone on the 1989, 2WD rig.

replaced the headlight switch, checked all my grounds, cleaned up all my fuses, installed my rear view mirror, and screwed down my center console. and still my gauge lights dont come on....

Picked up front and rear driveshafts for a 4x4 5spd from my buddy's yard today... no cost to me. Just need the t-case now. Gonna pass on Ed's since I'm not gonna run an SYE yet.

Swamprat, I looked at the trans (and t case) and they were both pretty oily... I'd pass. He's planning to send them to S. America since he sells a lot of Jeep parts down there.

Stopped by PAP on Wilton Walker while I was down there. Snagged a rearview mirror and the temp sensor from a mid 90's fullsize GM truck, now I'll have a compass and outside temp without the roof console.

They also had a 99 XJ that had some serious rustworm. But it was 4wd and I got the t-case bezel. May go back to snag the shift lever, just didnt have the right tools to get it. And it had a decent license plate cover, but I didn't have torx bits. I need to build a better portable JY kit.

ahh oh well, i'll find a 4x4 ax15 and rear drive shaft somewhere.

and a side note, i hate torx bolts. they can go to hell and die. i always strip the torx bit before actually getting the bolt out.

So I Got An Electric Fan And A Zj Fan Clutch Today, The Fan Clutch Doesn't Fit :( And It Bit My Hand
Also Found An 85 Xj With The 2.5 In The Jy Today, May Grab It's Axle Later

ahh oh well, i'll find a 4x4 ax15 and rear drive shaft somewhere.

and a side note, i hate torx bolts. they can go to hell and die. i always strip the torx bit before actually getting the bolt out.

how long is the MJ rear shaft?

Some ZJ clutches are taller than others. It is a very tight fit. I have a three row radiator, thicker CSF, and the lower profile (about 1/4" less tall) ZJ clutch (Hayden brand I think) and the remaining gap is only 1/4", so I have to lean the radiator and condensor forward to R & R the clutch. And the engine and tranny mounts need to good.

So I Got An Electric Fan And A Zj Fan Clutch Today, The Fan Clutch Doesn't Fit :( And It Bit My Hand
Also Found An 85 Xj With The 2.5 In The Jy Today, May Grab It's Axle Later

Well the 2WD 89, AW4 is leaking out the rear bushing-seal in the tail cone faster now with brand new, TIGHT bushing and new seal, faster than with the old worn out parts!:tears:

Any clues what that might be all about?

Back