• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Finally got the quick disconnects installed. Had to cut the axle side bolts to about an inch long and then use a gear puller to press them out. What a PIA they are splined and pressed in :(

Through the intake?

Yes, the vacuum in the intake makes the grease and oil boil at a lower temperature. The intake reaches a good >160 F easy, some get hotter. Any that comes loose or that evaporates into a gas can get sucked into the combustion chamber (the IAC is in the path!!! it supplies all the idle air supply to a high vacuum at idle) then the residue can reach the O2 sensor. Green antifreeze coolant that has sodium silicate in it, if it leaks into the combustion chamber (head gasket leak or cracked head) also can damage the sensor. The silicate / silicone (think glass-concrete) can precipitate on the ceramic of the O2 sensor and kill its sensitivity.

Washed mine

Needed it

IMG_20130220_203038_zps628e3b05.jpg

IMG_20130220_211958_zpse5fd4350.jpg

IMG_20130220_214747_zpsf1d9b86b.jpg

If you're working on it tomorrow during the day I can come give a hand

just finished up the rock lights, installed a new belt, and double checked all suspension bolts. Just have to do a complete pre-run check on the jeep and double check everything on the motorhome this weekend. Hopefully I will be completely done and ready to pullout next Friday morning at 4am for Gilmer. I hope the jeep preforms well.

so im giving my friend i traded my jeep to two more week, and if he cant find the title for the subaru. im taking my jeep back.

What subaru did he trade u?

I have both, 08 outback and my 98 xj i love them both

Also on on the jeep and Subaru crew

11 Wrx

I love my outback, im gonna put a leveling kit on it to raise the front up with the back, crazy thing its the second highest setting car that subaru has and it bottoms out on deep ruts on the roads, something im not use to. So im gonna get some king lift springs for it.

Got the new timing chain and sprockets in and the timing chain cover sort of on yesterday with the help of IslanderOffroad. Thanks for the help. I still havent completely aligned the cover for the rest of the bolts. I got lazy. Ill be working on it tonight and tomorrow.

My MIL who currently resides in out home has a 2001 suby. Does that count?

Buttoned up the Jeep to the point of being able to start it. Seems to run okay. slight tapping noise. Wondering if i messed up the timing when putting in the chain.

Last edited:
I recently solved some of my top side tapping noise by straightening the rockers on mine. They were pushing on the side of the valve stems on some of mine. The metal part that connects two rockers top side is soft and can bend easily. I used needle nose pliers to gently straighten them so they lined up right. That solved a lot of the tapping noise on mine.

I also find that running the engine at 3800 rpm once it warms up (in park) for about 45 seconds gets the stuck lifters rotating again and the other tapping noise goes away.

Back