• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today MECHANICALY????

Sheesh, it's been real quite around here lately.

Took the jeep down to get looked at by the insurance guy. $2500 in damages by the hail storm. The Ram was twice as bad
I've got to wait till october to get it fixed since all the local body shops are booked till then. Still up in the air over whether or not put the money into the body or get the axles set up with lockers.

I looked at mine. Battery is dead again, needs an oil change, and I need a bigger bank account.

Forgot to mention i used mine as a battering ram on the interstate Thursday. Stop and go traffic sucks and that guy is goin to need a new tailgate.

Pics or it didn't happen. LOL. Any damage to the jeep?

IMG_0609.jpg

No damage to my heep that I can find.
IMG_0610.jpg

what bumper is that?

You got off pretty light. A new tailgate won't be too bad on the insurance bill. Then again, if you replaced it yourself, you can save yourself the insurance pain.

Last edited:

It's the TNT bumper that I won at ROM '10.

Yup, pretty much no damage to my rig at all. His shouldn't be bad either. I thought about offering to fix it for him but I didn't want to seem shady and I figured I should own up to my mess.

Hopefully insurance won't take too big a hit but my last accident was a little over 4 years ago when I......rearended someone. :banghead: Much worse accident that time but I still maintain that it wasn't my fault.

Looks like all the other guy needs is a tailgate. 50 bucks from a boneyard and 100 bucks to have it painted to match if it already didn't. Then good to go but I am sure like most people these days he will drag it out and find everything that could have been caused by the accident but wasn't and claim that to. Hopefully not but these days!!!!!!

Did you get pics of the rest of the truck to. Mainly the area between the cab and the bed. It doesn't take much to push a bed Ito the cab. Or crinkle the bed sides a little.

I took pics of the sides at an angle from the rear to ensure that there was no damage there. Didn't think about the cab/bed gap. *Crosses fingers*

gutted out entire interior for a makeover!! steamed cleaned seats, new carpet and cleaned all interior panels on the wifes xj. will get a small lift and paint job soon! just got myself an f-toy so i needed to wrench on something!!lol!!

Show us how that carpet kit looks.

just got myself an f-toy so i needed to wrench on something!!lol!!

Does your wife know? LOL Your secret is safe with us!:D

will show pics later. i ordered the carpet today! yeah the wife actually went with me to go pick it up! 1200 miles one way!!lol----after owning 10-15 xj's i decided to try something different! gonna sneak in a few mods on her xj if i can! i can't leave it stock!

agreed! just got rid of my 01 tacoma and it was tuff as nails! i now converted to toyota for hardcore wheelin and xj's for family trail riding!! just can't stay away from those xj's for long!!!

I started installing my SYE... started around 11:15... around 12AM I found out that I needed a 1 1/8" socket... to remove the front output shaft... but it's freaking 12am... oh well, done for the night

I started installing my SYE... started around 11:15... around 12AM I found out that I needed a 1 1/8" socket... to remove the front output shaft... but it's freaking 12am... oh well, done for the night

Back