• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

It was your neighbor... :eyes:

No it wasn't... I know him too well.

I do have a dog and he barks at anything that he sees (or thinks the sees) in the front yard. That might even of scared the person or people off.

Filled her up, changed the oil and triple checked everything from the axle swap.

I found my damned Jingling noise under my jeep!!!!!

I'm fixing my rear driver side window, wouldn't go up or down. Took it apart and found the problem. The steel cable that makes up the regulator just snapped and tangled. Tried getting a new one and all they'll do is sell me the motor too for $180. Fid'na head over to a junkyard see if I can get a door while I'm at it haha. The WJ got it's first official battle scar this morning too. I take pic later. I just took a pic of the S-10 too.

actually justin i dont like to get it that dirty-mud sucks to clean....

it was one of the "locals" that pointed me in the wrong direction, his left meant right kinda thing and sent me where people were trying to avoid...

I went to the JY to pull a few parts. Went out there with Wildcat-XJ.... he seems to be a ggod guy. But he was just dealing with me, lets see how he is in a group of us. LOL

J/K It was nice to meet him and show him a few things.

Let me start by saying the motor was running with no issues at all with all this stuff. But Rich noticed I had ALOT of oil coming out of my open element air filter.

I thought I was just going to replace the v/c gasket and clean out the baffles in the v/c the other day and found a big ugly mess.
HPIM1506.jpg

So which leads me to today's adventures........
this is how the whole top of the head looked. Those that have done motor work know that this is in no way normal.
HPIM1505.jpg

HPIM1504.jpg

cleaned up the block of course
HPIM1513.jpg

then the head cleaned and ready to go.... you can actually see the cast numbers between the 1st and 2nd cylinder valves know.
HPIM1517.jpg

and this is what I vacuumed (yes this redneck used a vacuum on/in my motor) off the head and in the area that the lifters sit in after I scraped it of. You can not tell in the pic to well but that is about 2-2.5" deep of old dried oil from sitting in the motor for a couple/few years in a field
HPIM1522.jpg

img.jpg

Just picked these up on ebay

Front and side turn signals, smoked

JCR offroad bumper should be here tomorrow, and hopefully painted by either this weekend or next weekend.

Parts came in... Yay!!!! Time to order the rest...

4204644475_df6800d1c2_o.jpg

4204639475_9e3051bde9_o.jpg

merlin-when i had my '90 in high school, i had a leaking valve cover gasket so i pulled off the valve cover and found the same damn thing in mine. it being my second car ever, not doing any work, and knowing the previous owner, i asked him when the last time he changed the oil was. he said probably 15-20K, he never really changed it, turns out he just added different weights of pennzoil every few thousand miles! i KNOW he disconcerting it is to find that, believe me!

Drained the transfercase and put some new fluid in. Looked like I was running peptobismol as fluid.

I changed out my driver's side wheel hub. Had to go back to the P-n-P to get another on because the one I pulled yesterday was too big.

And my spring perches and u-bolt plates came in today.

Replaced the Master cylinder on the 87 Wagoneer, for the 4th time, and Vacuum booster for second time. This time I did both at the same time and used a NEW (Not rebuilt) Master cylinder. Could not get a new Vacuum booster. Hoping I am done with this finally, but if not, I have gotten the head standing under the dash down to 25 minutes, LOL. MC leaking out the rear into the Vacuum booster killed 2 Vacuum boosters. What a pain.

well, I managed to drop the peugot and transfer case out of the MJ, and am beginning to get them cleaned up, since I had to verify the flywheel was a renix, I decided to clean up down there while I could get to it all, and I'll be putting in new floor pans soon

I got tow hooks (and brackets) and a hitch! Now I just have to install them and I'll FINALLY have recovery points. YES! I have a feeling installing the hitch is gonna be kinda interesting though...

I got tow hooks (and brackets) and a hitch! Now I just have to install them and I'll FINALLY have recovery points. YES! I have a feeling installing the hitch is gonna be kinda interesting though...

Shouldnt be too hard. Take bumper off, insert nut strips, raise up hitch, bolt it on, put bumper back on.

Getting the hitch raised and lined up by yourself can be a PITA.

Back