• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Re: What was done to YOUR rig today?

So after the other day.. We all know that I changed my manifold to a header and replaced all the 2" freeze plugs on that side. WELL........

Note to self. When everyone on the web, that I found while trying to find the right size freeze plug, says to just use alittle black RTV and put them in flush to the block... :lecture::lecture:DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM..:lecture::lecture:

On my way to work, actually right as I left onto the main road it was all good till it looked like a snow storm behind me it was so white. Yup I blew out the second freeze plug from the front.:flamemad::flamemad::flamemad::flamemad:and had nothing but white smoke behind me. It was all James Bondish looking.

So I called work and told them I wouldn't be in, I could here in there voice that they didn't believe me. Then proceeded to get it towed back to the house in shame.. Yup just finished it AGAIN. I started about 5 or so this time so I was a bit faster this time...But this time the RTV was used again but I pushed the freeze plugs a little in so the rim of them actually sits in the hole.

Moral of my headache... sink the freeze plugs into the block alittle...

That sucks Jay.... I know how much of a PITA that is to do, let alone do twice.

Checked front and rear diff fluids since my little water adventure. Good to go.

Oh and more pictures from my adventure.

jeepers247.jpg

jeepers262.jpg

jeepers267.jpg

jeepers269.jpg

jeepers264.jpg

jeepers260.jpg

jeepers257.jpg

jeepers255.jpg

jeepers245.jpg

LOL glad to see you are back to the XJ. So you lifting the XJ now?

LOL glad to see you are back to the XJ. So you lifting the XJ now?
im hopeing too, its either lift the XJ or sell everything and dump my money into something else (of the subaru kind ;)). im a little hesitant to put my stuff into the XJ that is only partially mine. there are some on going trust issues between me and my stepdad.

Yeah well Toy Yodas are only so fun... then you out grow them.

Hey I did that last year and I am thinking about doing it again.... Well I guess I could just drive around with my e-lights on.

ordered some new upper control arms and bushings. Also noticed a new grinding speed related noise coming from the passenger front wheel. Need to look at it tomorrow in the stupid cold. Hope its not a hub or ujoint since i just did all of them.

finally got my new trans and rear axle done, drove for the first time in like 2 months and blew a tranny line 1/4 mile down the driveway:doh:

Hey I did that last year and I am thinking about doing it again.... Well I guess I could just drive around with my e-lights on.

How do yall wire the lights up? Are they running off of a power inverter?

ordered some new upper control arms and bushings. Also noticed a new grinding speed related noise coming from the passenger front wheel. Need to look at it tomorrow in the stupid cold. Hope its not a hub or ujoint since i just did all of them.

I'd check your brakes first just to make sure it isn't something caught up in them.... then next on the list would be unit bearings. Yuck.

If you need a garage that's a little warmer this weekend, let me know.

I replaced the thermostat and valve cover gasket.
Added a sticker and put it up for sale.
I want to keep her but I am still messing with insurance and need to get a van so my family can all ride together. I need the money from the jeep to put down to be able to buy the van.
If insurance would just settle I could just go out and buy one.
Oh, well...it is snowing here in the North of Houston area..
Ron

Snow in Houstone?! Dang, I checked the weather last night, and Texas is 20dgrees colder than NY.

How do yall wire the lights up? Are they running off of a power inverter?

Yep, power inverter. I wired one up to my XJ a few years ago. Comes in handy.

Back