• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

well this cant be the start of something good, my clutch pedal has a dead zone now. like half the pedal throw is just spring then it hits some pressure. no leaks, full of fluid, I'm stumped.

That is exactly what mine did as the clutch peddle assy cracked and broke. It is an easy weld fix.

Finally finished the VANCO Big Brake 15" Kit install. Also had a unit bearing that was going all wobbly, so I decided to replace both unit bearings, all 4 ball joints and both axle u-joints.

Completed the first few runs of the required break-in procedure, and I'm currently in the "should be left to cool down overnight if possible" phase. I'm definitely not going to leave it overnight, but it's been parked for about 3 hours now, and everything feels cool enough to me. I'm headed out for round 2! :eek:

VANCOBrakes01.jpg

VANCOBrakes02.jpg

That is exactly what mine did as the clutch peddle assy cracked and broke. It is an easy weld fix.

I Picked Up A Whole New Pedal For 7 Bucks At The Pick And pull... On A Side Note, An Xj Pedal Will Fit In An Mj, It Is Just Shaped Slightly different

So Im Thinking Of Replacing My Rear Springs On The Mj, I See That Hell Creek Is Back In The Works, So Now Im Torn Between 3In Or 4.5in. Staying Spring under

I think its the master cylinder, will know tomorrow when I tear into it.

When the clutch peddle assy starts to fail it loads the MC shaft sideways and takes out the MC seals, so check that peddle assy very closely once the MC is working and there is a full force push back on the clutch peddle when you push it. Use your hand, not your foot to test it, so you can see if it is bending sideways.

Put Some Poly Bushings I Had Laying Around On My Swaybar Links, Also Patched Up My Steering Stabilizer Until I Can Get A New One, Im Moving On The 15Th So A Suspension Refresh Is Going To Have To Wait. Death Wobble Seems To Have Gone Back Into Hiding For Now.

Had to re-torque the new front wheel bearings (2WD), replaced the totally dead front shocks, and replaced the really bad track bar on the 89 jeep yesterday.

Well the tranny is leak horribly at the engine plate. So either I lost the torque converter seal or the pump bushing and seal gave out. Looks like Friday will be jeep work day.

Rebuilt the fan control switch, installed new fan resistor, and cleaned up the ground for the heater AC fan, and the fan still only runs when it wants to. So then i smashed the old resistor with a 8 lb. sledge cuz i was pissed, mechanically speaking

Topped Off My Dissapearing Clutch Fluid, Beginning To Wonder If The Fluid Coming From The Bell Housing is From The Slave cylinder

Is it an internal slave?

That sucks, I have a buddy with a 93 yj and I have helped replace it twice due new ones leaking about 2 months after replacement. The last one has lasted for about 6 months so far.

Well the 89 repairs made a huge difference. Now it has the best Jeep brakes I ever seen :)
Who knew how much better new shocks would be. Handles, steers and brakes great now.

Had to re-torque the new front wheel bearings (2WD), replaced the totally dead front shocks, and replaced the really bad track bar on the 89 jeep yesterday.

Back