• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do b4 Tellico.....

Dave, we'll be there from sunday to sunday.
sorry to here you wont make it,I was hoping to see
what kind of creature you have built.

I need to fix this:
DSCF0001.jpg

This is right under the passenger side back seat. Also right above the pass leafspring hanger.

DSCF0002.jpg

Underside view. This is why I'm not sure if I'll have my heep with me. Rusty biotch!

roXJeepr said:
I need to fix this:
[This is right under the passenger side back seat. Also right above the pass leafspring hanger.

Underside view. This is why I'm not sure if I'll have my heep with me. Rusty biotch!

Beenthere done that a couple of years ago, not fun but a typical place for it!

Yeah, I already had to patch on the inboard side of the frame rail above the cat/muffler area. I'm thinking as bad as this is I'll fix it the best I can, wheel the hell out of it and then replace it with ???

1-pull out 1 leaf from my rear packs (to stiff w/ the long AAL in there now)

2-fab custom x-member for rear shock upper eye mounts/add some shock mounts to the d-44,
thats about it besides finding a trailer to haul my junk up there on..
keeping fingers crossed

I cut the rear swaybar off and installed rear shackles, wheels & tires last night.

Tommorrow or Sat I have to pop in the front spacers, shim the steering stops, squirt some grease where it needs it.

Next week gotta scrounge up a matching spare and wheel...

I'm gonna call it a wrap with that... see how it goes.

woody said:
I cut the rear swaybar off and installed rear shackles, wheels & tires last night.

Tommorrow or Sat I have to pop in the front spacers, shim the steering stops, squirt some grease where it needs it.

Next week gotta scrounge up a matching spare and wheel...

I'm gonna call it a wrap with that... see how it goes.

What size?

1. Get promoted to server at work
2. Give CRS thousands of dollars to make 35s work correctly
3. Make sure James can get a big diesel truck to pull the trailer so our jeeps can be trailered up there ( why? because we know generous people with big trucks and trailers)
4. If all else fails, give up on this year and prepare for cherokee crawl 06

Well, took a few baby steps this weekend...

got the front spacers & bumpstops installed, remoced the plastic inner liners and the air dam, trimmed the front flares & sheetmetal, cut/folded the pinch seam inside the wheelwell, spray-bombed some semi-gloss black where it was needed... Flexed it up as best I could, No rubbing that I could tell :)

Left to do:
Buy spare tire.
Troubleshoot CB (fuse? ground?)
Change transmission filter.
Drain & refill t-case.
Mount a couple pair of eye-bolts in back to secure my tools & junk.
Mount a decent back-up light.
Secure speakers and fire extinguishers.
Go through interior, remove anything that doesn't need to go in the woods (like my winter hat & gloves)
Remove lower dash, zip tie stuff that falls down under my brake foot.
Load Jeep and reaim headlights.
Probably more stuff I CRS, but all minor.

woody said:
Left to do:
Buy spare tire.

Just one? Do you already have 3 spares then? :laugh3:

I got most of the structural repair done, just gotta finish that up and close the rest up with some sheet metal. Fix my upper rear pass shock mount and... ummmmm I guess that's enough for this time. Fix whatever breaks for next time.

Actually for the first time since 2001, I'll have five new tires. With a repair or replace waranty! :D I'm gonna be "extra careful" this time, just in case.

FWIW after bragging to the wifey about folding up those hateful pinch seams, she said "it doesn't matter, you'll ruin them on something else."

Who knows... LOL that one we found on the side of the road worked great as a primary tire from Nov through last week.

woody said:
Well, took a few baby steps this weekend...

got the front spacers & bumpstops installed, remoced the plastic inner liners and the air dam, trimmed the front flares & sheetmetal, cut/folded the pinch seam inside the wheelwell, spray-bombed some semi-gloss black where it was needed... Flexed it up as best I could, No rubbing that I could tell :)

Left to do:
Buy spare tire.
Troubleshoot CB (fuse? ground?)
Change transmission filter.
Drain & refill t-case.
Mount a couple pair of eye-bolts in back to secure my tools & junk.
Mount a decent back-up light.
Secure speakers and fire extinguishers.
Go through interior, remove anything that doesn't need to go in the woods (like my winter hat & gloves)
Remove lower dash, zip tie stuff that falls down under my brake foot.
Load Jeep and reaim headlights.
Probably more stuff I CRS, but all minor.

Need a cheap 3" lift?

Ghost said:
Need a cheap 3" lift?

Nah, I wanted to keep it basically stock... otherwise I'd have kept & installed the 3" coils I had up until a month ago.

It does need some little (like 1.5") more lift in the back, but I'm not messing with that until after the event when I put my other 44 together. I have a pair of full-length AALs - donors from another set of leafpacks - so between those, a pair of MORE spring pads and my assortment of shackles I should have it.

Aim lights = not yet
plan for pictures = thought about it
figure out what is up with steering = DONE
debate brining the rug rats = jurry is still out....
install poweraid tbi spacer = not yet either,
get mystery rolls developed found in jeep = hmmm were did they go?
mount trailer box= not yet either
get d rings welded on trailer = DONE!
start to orginaize camping shit = started it!
Install alcans! = DONE ( see non-tech thread! )

Wow I got a god bit left to do!

Buy food
Pack Stuff
Hook Jeep to GMC
Hit the road

Finish printing newsletters (only 598 left to go)
All envelopes are labeled and stamped
Stuff envelopes (648 left to go)
Do some jobs that are on next weeks list because I will not be here
Do jobs sechduled fro this week
get all raffle items together
pick up tshirts and decals
print Awards
other NAXJA items
find Banner
get inspection stickers
Pray Lug Nut and Mark get along this year
pack
Go to a Stupid Wedding July 2
load everything and leave July 3

Last edited:
Kudzu said:
Go to a Stupid Wedding July 2

:laugh3: :wave: I got out of mine (actually, just got it postponed a year, so I'll have to deal with it next July 4th)

Forgot one thing:

Install rear hoop bar for 5 pt harnesses for the passangers in the rear...
get my fabricator friend motivated to get the hoop done!

I got a new radiator and some tires with enough tread for one trip today, so the posibility level of me making it with the jeep has been raised from doubtful to posibly, though i plan to make the trek without the jeep if it isnt done, just gotta find a ride.

that reminds me, who do i talk to about late registration? I was at the baja comp that week and forgot to send it in.

Back