• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What size/where to find centercaps for stock AL wheels?

hubs97xj

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to replace my increasingly rusty steel wheels with some stock aluminum wheels. I found a set like these for cheap (60 for 5) a few hours away. I like this style of wheel, and I think with some decent paint they'd be much better than what I have now.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa313/hotrod95svt/94CherokeeSport.jpg[/i]

However, there are no caps for the wheels, and with them being 100+ miles away, I can't really run over and measure them. If someone could help me out here I'd appreciate it. Anyone know what size caps, where they can be had, etc?

Thanks, appreciate the input as always.

Ha, yeah, looking at the exact same search results right now. Just scratching my head. Might have to scrounge around the pick n pull this week for caps or at least a measurement.

Not sure about the sizes, I have two different one, ones on my 5 hole gamblers and others on the canyons. I'll measure them tomorrow but I don't know what size those are that you posted. The center caps I have also come plain and jeep.

I think the smooth caps (no logo) belong to those wheels. I found another set listed online, with plain caps- makes sense with the logo already visible on the wheel spoke. First set listed on Team Cherokee, maybe the same as the 3rd on centercaps.net? That looks like a DCJ part number... could probably run that down and figure it out. I'm guessing there's a few sizes, and that each cap probably fits several different wheels, but that's just a guess.

Or I could just say screw it and look for a complete set of wheels. Finding anything decent around here is a total PITA, this little scavenger hunt being a prime example... bah.

Wow. Yeah, that's about 230-250mi from me, but almost worth the drive. Some guy around here wants 300 for a set of peeling Gamblers with bald tires. $300-400 for Ravines, etc. Only the old 5 spokes and mesh wheels seem to go cheap. Not sure why they seem to think they're so valuable with a few million XJs made.

there have been several sets around my area, Georgetown/Lexington, KY. It may be a little far for ya, but I'll post some links anyhow.
http://lexington.craigslist.org/pts/1177712848.html

Not a bad price, they clean up pretty easy. Ford used them for a while, main diff was the ford had bigger center caps which are hard to find but caps from BMW seemed to fit pretty well even if they were black.

Back