• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what noises does your jeep make when wheeling?

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
seems like mine makes a new and different one every time. always keeps the passengers wondering if its falling apart or if thats normal. i get an occassional clunk from underneath sometimes when turning and the left front coil compresses. then theres the psssh pssh pssh pssh from the shocks. theres occassionally a GRRRLAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWTTTTT THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP as my lugs grab sheet metal or my front skidplate.

so what other noises are your rigs makin??

YEEEEEEE HAAAAAW!!!!

Brett wtf with leafs all around your missing out on all the fun sounds of a link suspension especially a loose one.

All of the above...and it gets really noisy if i dont tie the sway bar up when its disco'd. hits the spring and makes all sorts of wierd twang type of noises every time the springs compress....and, and the nice... screeeeeeee-cruuuunch sound a door makes when it makes contact with a rock....

bj-666 said:
Brett wtf with leafs all around your missing out on all the fun sounds of a link suspension especially a loose one.
yep. even one link thats remotely loose enough to have some play can make it sound and feel like your front axle is about to fall off.

The most recent noise must of been the rock that got in between my brake pad and rotor and ground my rotor down 3/8ths of an inch in one spot. Other noises, clip on leaf springs rattling, front ds clicking from sh!tty driveshaft, exhaust rattle on crossmember, rear D35 vibration and hum(broke it Memorial weekend), dash rattles from vibration, and back hatch rattles from no window.

Kim.

The front suspension unloads when I pull into the mall parking lot and makes a creeking sound, It's getting to be very annoying.

When wheeling? Mine makes nice rattles every time I hit a bump. Most likely from loose links after reading this...Hear it goin down the road, pulling into my driveway, etc.

all I hear is screaming....but there's NO ONE in the passenger seat.....must be the voices in my head again...:dunno:

Lawn Cher' said:
Fiiiiiiiiiixxxxxxxxxxxx meeeee!

Fixed it for you!

:laugh3:

Dirk Pitt said:
Fixed it for you!

:laugh3:

Mine only makes that noise when it sits in the garage... The topic at hand is trail noises. Try to pay attention, son.
foghornleghorn.jpg

Back