• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what I did on monday

chedisme

NAXJA Member
I had most of the day off on Monday so I decided to do a few things.

First I figured I should put a down turn on my muffler so it would stop spraying burned oil all over my undercarriage. sorry no pics of it.

I cut and folded my other rear wheel well. no pics either.

Second I Figured I should replace the horribly broken steering box before it killed me. The drive home from RC was an adventure to say the least.
CIMG5687.jpg

so out with the old broken and in with the new durango box.
and it was pretty scary when I took the nut, that holds the pitman arm on, off with finger pressure and the pitman just fell off!!
I loaded it up with locktite this time.

and last but not least
CIMG5689.jpg

Before

After
CIMG5691.jpg

half way to being doorless! Its awesome! I dont get as many looks as I expected, but thats not why I did it.

and I even managed to get the door back on myself today. In the rain!
It figures it would rain the first day I have it off.

I saw the after picture and thought whats different about it. Then I read the rest of your post......... Looks good!

Lookin good man....How do you like the Durango box?

Those 2 door doors are frackin heavy compared to the 4 door fronts... especially if you have power.

the steering box is a suck job, feel bad for ya haha.

Looks good Stefan!!

I still have a door in my shed that I STARTED the 1/2 door process on.... hmmm, might have to get that back out again...

I'll have some major changes before our next gathering too... might involve a sawzall....:confused1:greensmok

Lookin good man....How do you like the Durango box?

it feels good. but I think I put the pitman arm on off center, cause I can turn left really really good. but right turns not so much. either that or I need to lengthen my drag link.

Looks good man!

How did Saturday go?

it went well. and on monday they said that they cant promise me anything, but pending my background check they cant see why they wouldn't hire me. so fingers crossed.

Looks good Stefan!!

I still have a door in my shed that I STARTED the 1/2 door process on.... hmmm, might have to get that back out again...

I'll have some major changes before our next gathering too... might involve a sawzall....:confused1:greensmok

by the way when is our next gathering? rocktober?

it feels good. but I think I put the pitman arm on off center, cause I can turn left really really good. but right turns not so much. either that or I need to lengthen my drag link.

it went well. and on monday they said that they cant promise me anything, but pending my background check they cant see why they wouldn't hire me. so fingers crossed.
Did you check if it was a 3-turn or 3.5-turn Durango box before putting it on? I read up on that mod recently and you have to mod some of them or you lose full-lock steering to one side. Forget which though :dunce:

Good luck with the job!

I did the Durango box in my xj right before Nacfest, It makes a world of difference, I would recomend anyone to do it for a simple upgrade.

Stephan, just watch out for trees when you have no doors. They keep trying to get in side your XJ. Since yours is a 2 door you have nothing to beat them away with.

--Matt

Back