• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What ever happened to customer service?!

SurfXJSnow

NAXJA Forum User
Took the parents, brothers, wife and son to Outback tonight...

15 minutes to get a waiter at our table.

10 mins to have the server notify me that the Sam Adams Oktoberfestkeg was empty and I had to choose something else.

Ordered a blooming onion and got some weird fried mushroom appetizer instead. Told the server it was wrong but decided to give it a try for the hell of it... (not to bad)

Got our salads and they tasted like they were prepared last week, croutons soggy and lettuce wilted.

45 mins later we get our entrees...

My younger brother immediately pulled a hair off his filet and his baked potato was cold.

My wifes steak salad was missing the steak...

My "medium rare" ribeye was well done.

My other brothers potato was bare when he ordered it loaded.

My fathers quesadilla looked like it had been sitting under a heat lamp for an hour.

And my moms teriyaki kabob thing was well done when ordered med-rare.

Now let me say... I'm not the kind to complain if a few things aren't right, especially when eating out on a crowded Friday night... But come on! Nothing was right!

I've decided tonight that big chain restaurants don't care about their quality of
service... But only how many tables they can turn every night and maintaining a healthy bottom line. So, no more big chains for me. I've had enough lately from all the corporate crap. It seems you only find good customer service at the mom and pop small businesses anymore.
It all comes down to paying for expensive marketing campaigns with a guy with an Australian accent telling you to eat steak, or a place run by a local family, that cares about their product, and still has pride in what they do.

So that's it. I'm on a small business bail out. For the next month I am going to try and shop strictly at small businesses. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way so speak up!

Last edited:
Hit or miss.. but IMO, Outback has always been crap. been 3 times and hated it more each time.

Outback is crap. Always has been. I have worked in the food industry for a few years... While I hate it, I always pride myself on making the food presentable and fixing the mistakes I make. Yes, sometimes mistakes happen... but having nothing on the order right and having the food look like complete shit, isn't good service.

I ate there once, service was OK, food was good, prices were kinda on the high side for what we got. No desire to go back.

Texas Roadhouse had great service, and good size portions of delicious food. For what it cost, I'd leave the kids at home, or hit one of the weeknight specials...or both. :)

Just had breakfast at a small family owned bakery/coffee shop. Service was amazing and the coffee and fresh baked bread was delicious. Was thinking of starbucks but spotted this place earlier in the week and decided to give it a try. Very happy I did and looking forward to my big business strike!

Took the parents, brothers, wife and son to Outback tonight...

15 minutes to get a waiter at our table.

That in itself is reason to walk. Plenty of other places out there to eat.

So that's it. I'm on a small business bail out. For the next month I am going to try and shop strictly at small businesses. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way so speak up!

Good luck with that - remember, Gen-Y tends to not get it. It seems the majority totally missed the Customer Service class. Must have been a new video game that week. :chef:

I like out back if they are on their game but thats far and few. They closed the one in greeley it was so bad that they couldnt get people to go to it. Last time I went we had 4 people and surfs post felt like a flash back 4 people 4 F**Ked up orders we were there for 2 hours we got seated fast but same deal no server for ever didn't have half the beers on tap they had listed in the drink menu. they don't know what the dif. between red pink and BURNT! They tried to charge us for 6 salads when we only had 4 people and only two ordered a side salad. same deal with the onion tried giving that mushroom deal to us. I can't gut mushrooms. made them take it back and they put it on the bill. cold food misscooked food and missing food. then all they wanted to do was give us two of the beers for free?
I wrote a letter to corp. and got 150 bucks in gift cards for the place but they ended up closing it down.
Now the one in Ft. Collins isn't too bad, but they are a bit slow.

I like out back if they are on their game but thats far and few. They closed the one in greeley it was so bad that they couldnt get people to go to it. Last time I went we had 4 people and surfs post felt like a flash back 4 people 4 F**Ked up orders we were there for 2 hours we got seated fast but same deal no server for ever didn't have half the beers on tap they had listed in the drink menu. they don't know what the dif. between red pink and BURNT! They tried to charge us for 6 salads when we only had 4 people and only two ordered a side salad. same deal with the onion tried giving that mushroom deal to us. I can't gut mushrooms. made them take it back and they put it on the bill. cold food misscooked food and missing food. then all they wanted to do was give us two of the beers for free?
I wrote a letter to corp. and got 150 bucks in gift cards for the place but they ended up closing it down.
Now the one in Ft. Collins isn't too bad, but they are a bit slow.

Hell, maybe I should write corporate... Get the free gift cards then sell them to www.plasticjungle.com for 100 bux. That would about pay for the wasted time going to that hell hole.

Good luck with that - remember, Gen-Y tends to not get it. It seems the majority totally missed the Customer Service class. Must have been a new video game that week. :chef:

Yup, and that is just the tip of the iceburg........

I've never been a big Outback fan, keep getting gift cards to there though.

lol

Maybe the ones in NV are different.

Back