• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you have to get done.....

• Top off fluids
  • Reinstall front skid plate
  • Grocery shop
  • Pack my clothes
  • Set up tent and make sure all the parts are there (including rain fly)!
  • Put the Jeep on the trailer
  • Load my gear
  • HEAD EAST!

Plan was to put the jeep on Lennie's lift tomorrow and do an oil change, transmission filter and fluid change, install new old bump stops for the front, and give it a look over. Machine shop decided to grind on a valve for a head job he's working on so now he has a half tore down motor in the way and is really pissed!

SYE on order.. Ubolts on order.. its gonna be close ..or BUST!

I need to pick up my new alloy long side shaft and 2 Spicer 760 joints plus full circlips. Anyone know what size to ask for?

I need to pick up my new alloy long side shaft and 2 Spicer 760 joints plus full circlips. Anyone know what size to ask for?

I pretty sure they are 1 3/16 external snap rings.

Yes they are. Just went to garage to confirm

install CB, replace battery cable ends, install electric fan switch, install new front brake lines, fix a cracked weld on the four link (thanks Tyler for spotting it for me), bolt up spare tire beadlock, load camper. should be no problem......famous last words.

They found my tire, they aren't sure now if they have time to get it done, if not I will be rolling with a tube in it.

I'm down to changing fluids,check and retighten all bolts ,recheck toe-in,add another bump stop(hockey puck),trim more off front fenders.I still need some kind of fender flare,just hav'nt decided what..So, I be running open wheel this trip.

Nick

replace alternator got added to my list. the new one I bought at winterfest is making bad noises. WTF is with me and alternators? I swear the belt is not overtightened, it's so loose it squeals on startup until it gets warm.

Got my clutch changed so other than a bath the truck is good to go! Betty now has a burnt plug wire form touching the header so now that gets added to the slave cylinder and temp gauge. Good news is that the burnt place is right at the end so I cam just cut it off and put a new end on it then it will be golden again.

Transmission filter and fluid change done, oil filter and fluid change done. Messed with the brakes some more. Still not perfect but it stops the jeep. Lennie went wild on my front bumper with his new plasma toy. Reinstaleld bumpstops. Ready to ride!

Gonna check the front diff fluid, t-case and air pressure and load it up and i'm southbound! :yelclap:

Tinkering with the horn.... its not working and neither are my brake lights.

Not a dang thing outside packing my clothes and groceries and driving the XJ onto the trailer.

She's loaded up and good to go!

May not have an evening to get to the drive shafts this week. Thinking about just bringing all the parts and if need be, doing it up there. I have a feeling somebody will have the tools necessary should it need to be done.

May not have an evening to get to the drive shafts this week. Thinking about just bringing all the parts and if need be, doing it up there. I have a feeling somebody will have the tools necessary should it need to be done.

I will have grinders and such.

All you need is a hammer and socket to press the caps into. If you don't get it done dring the shit and one of us willhave what you need to get it done. I keep tools for ujoint replacement in the heep. I will have a welder with me.

All you need is a hammer and socket to press the caps into. If you don't get it done dring the shit and one of us willhave what you need to get it done. I keep tools for ujoint replacement in the heep. I will have a welder with me.

I'll do that. I've always done the socket and hammer trick and it sucks! We used the ball joint tool on Josh's axle shaft ujoints a couple of months ago and it made real quick work of them. Both of us agreed that it would probably help on driveshaft ujoints, so I'll probably rent one of those kits before I leave and return it when I get back. Plus if anybody decides to tear up ball joints or axle shaft ujoints we can use it.

Right now i'm only planning on rebuilding them if I run into a problem up there.

I'll do that. I've always done the socket and hammer trick and it sucks! We used the ball joint tool on Josh's axle shaft ujoints a couple of months ago and it made real quick work of them. Both of us agreed that it would probably help on driveshaft ujoints, so I'll probably rent one of those kits before I leave and return it when I get back. Plus if anybody decides to tear up ball joints or axle shaft ujoints we can use it.

Right now i'm only planning on rebuilding them if I run into a problem up there.

Oh that reminds me I'll see if Lennie has one and will bring it. I use a 6" c-clamp or the vise if I'm in the shop.

Back