• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

Used it to pickup the next project with the wife...
7aa542c01323f570906be5075cfce412.jpg

Last edited:
Spent the evening taking off the tow hitch and installing brackets for my new rear bumper.

Traded my dad for the day. I got his truck. I'll let him take it to granite city for work ( he owns his own machine shop and works 7 days a week) while me and my buddy take the truck up state to look at a 98gc he wants to buy. 500+ mile road trip here I come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent the evening taking off the tow hitch and installing brackets for my new rear bumper.

completed rear bumper install Saturday, Its nice not having the spare in the jeep.

So I bought the '91 XJ Sunday, here's the story. Started it up, runs smooth no knocks or noises, let it run a while and asked a few standard questions. So took it for a test drive, running good the 1-2 shift is delayed but shifts good when it does finally shift, no worries. Get 4 blocks from his house, stop at a stop sign, take off and it dies. I coast off the road when there was a turnout for mailboxes. It won't start, it tries but won't run. Spent 15mins trying. He apologizes as we start walking back, he apologizes a few more times. Almost to his house and I make a low ball offer on the condition we can get it on the trailer. He counters(still way low) and I accept. We drive back to the Jeep, I back the trailer up to in front of it, get the ramps setup, try to start it, it starts and dies and rolls right up to the ramps. I try again it fires and I drive it on the trailer, it dies. I hand him the cash, he hands me the signed title and then he just drives off. Wow. So I strap it all down for the trip home, try to start it again and nothing. All good. I get home thinking about what's up. So tonight I connect the fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail, turn the key on, no pressure, no sound of the pump, nothing. Time to get the voltage tester out. Turn the key on crawl under the tank and check for voltage at the plug, nothing. Hmm, well I'll disconnect the plug and check to see if there is voltage on the supply side. As I grab the plug it literally just unplugs, so I reconnect it. Crawl out from under it, turn the key on, the sound of fuel pump, fuel pressure and then it I start it right up. During the walk back he had mentioned he thought the fuel pump was going out.
Now to see what else needs attention. It was a good day.

TnT truss is welded to the D44, 5.13 gears and a locker are installed, and new 35" meats are on the wheels. Hoping to have the front D44 under the Jeep this week with steering and trackbar done.
IMG_20170415_202533250_zpstxgum8x1.jpg

Yeah, went to 17's to guarantee steering and brake clearance because I wasn't sure what brakes I was going to run.

Specs:
1977 Ford F150 HP D44, running full width
Chevy flat top knuckles and spindles to get 5x5.5" bolt pattern
TNT truss
Air locker, 5.13 gears, Chromo shafts, Super joint on driver's side (came with axle)
RuffStuff steering and trackbar
Black magic brake pads in stock calipers
17" steel wheels, 35" Maxxis Bighorns

Drives great, feels like it might need a bigger master cylinder to push more fluid.

Went camping with some new gear this weekend

3DAYcDgUwGaigzRlhzR7S4dpiuT2nPR27UL-xcnbx1IgktB13Me60WuAhJbNQcRjasGxjuNNLYvw1P3Vr97o48tJbqUave7COJyzlTHq5qFFVUHRw7ukiLDFA35ADNRZuMmZ1XER6faEljKQikCZj-1FvL9xuGcBRlC6rLwMce99lwH6Uw9XVHcFhuVo_YqKT0haobWEI3Fpl9pKV7FdJ7sVrW-pzs22a-oqyhF-GVIDepxYd6mODMQmLxSLNrABxP4BQtUEBBYukz6434L-ZkqMmvKW1rCrsLo7EiAIL7BwkH5HWil6TCsTlYCQtYAT1YKTboRhC_Zhi5_THw0R7dIdUwi-u4nm6LycrqGuuI6HJ6SkVvmAs9LkwcYSi9KUFZWpTRHPPDSaYSVLy1SzCWxEpvNkRuf0LKagxOxnbQz5o73RpvE-KTSaBzD1lrbTa-oyQoosVJXIhMXcT8rHVTWym_7U-2VJROQ6qEJjYkut-IC6hCiWXHxXbCmAeF6qhX639ewNT2JGoE7-Cxvc9gxYA3oOEZ0S3nulVCEkU20GJm8rg5iuERp9tY7gg57-oY-E7sKva_Rzwha9sGhGUhKlZN0LIaAOU_wye1FOpnRzmY_jb129d2SdJs8A-8QpTs_HrhJVomRQtM4813xVGg_AHCePCx0wYo8SVy8l87w=w1689-h950-no

Back