• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

226f31ed337597c170d3c4e6e0170bdf.jpg

I have my bumper tire carrier together, not done but I'm stoked on how solid it is when it's closed

I had noticed a little leak at the oil filter housing so yesterday I decided it was time for an oil change, some new O rings and filter.. Then one thing led to another and for some reason i thought it would be a good time to throw on a new distributor cap, rotor, plugs, wires (first attempt at using a kit to make my own - went pretty well), new "custom" 2 piece fan shroud (after fighting to get the new shroud in for about an hour, i cut it in half and used self tapping screws to reconnect it), serpentine belt, adjusted the transmission kick down cable, cleaned the throttle body and i am pretty sure there was something else... i was tired and a few beers deep by the time i got done with it all. Jeep runs AWESOME now! good idle, no squeaking, better throttle response and no leaks! :)

Apparently my jeep is cursed, and never wants to leave the garage.... Front brakes seem ok, but rear brakes (which are also all new from hardline back) leak.

And when I say leak I mean the splitter/T leaks, both sides, and the caliper banjo bolts leak.
Which is weird, no leaks where the rubber caliper line meets the hard line, but leak at the caliper and the T? Wtf

Changed the gas tank on the burple jeep. Actually went smoothly and quickly, confirming that it's my 97' white xj that just hates me And follows Murphy's law.

Apparently my jeep is cursed, and never wants to leave the garage.... Front brakes seem ok, but rear brakes (which are also all new from hardline back) leak.

And when I say leak I mean the splitter/T leaks, both sides, and the caliper banjo bolts leak.
Which is weird, no leaks where the rubber caliper line meets the hard line, but leak at the caliper and the T? Wtf
Possible dirt in the flares?
I usually make sure to do an extra clean just before I attach the brake lines. It's the downside I have to working in my driveway ... Just have to be extra careful to clean things.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back