• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I built a laptop stand so I can have a larger screen for trail mapping. The last coat of paint just got put on 15 minutes ago and then it will be good to go for NW Fest.

Very cool. I'll have to check that out at NW Fest, I've been wanting to build something like that.

whats nice is the way it is mounted. It counts as a "permanently mounted GPS device" so is legal.

well the knee is felling much better. and i couldent stand it anymore. i got ambitious

a little bling.
S7306040.jpg

got the mounts figured out.
S7306042.jpg

and i had a little heat soak to combat.well see if this helps. NGK's going in tomorow
S7306044.jpg

getting close:)
Bronze

Lowered the front of the jeep back down to 4.5 because im not gonna be able to get my longarms for a couple of months and the ride was crappy, also removed all of the tree sap that fell on my jeep in the last couple of months that it sat because i didnt want to drive it because the ride was crappy!!! I should have listened to Dan when he told me that the extra 2 inches was a bad idea!!!

Oh, and does anyone know how to remove sap stain or is it permanent?

well the knee is felling much better. and i couldent stand it anymore. i got ambitious

a little bling.

got the mounts figured out.

and i had a little heat soak to combat.well see if this helps. NGK's going in tomorow
S7306044.jpg

getting close:)
Bronze

are those 80s or 120s? do you want some blingin LED fans for that? Ive got a few lying around.

Oh, and does anyone know how to remove sap stain or is it permanent?

What, just because I'm white I should know?! :nono:

All-purpose lacquer thinner will work like a charm. :cheers:

I'd reccomend stock Champion plugs. Other brands have been known to make 4.0's run funny. Seen it a handful of times.

from what have read chrisler and many others recomend the ngk to combat the heat soak. plus its what i have alwase ran in all my rigs. there awsome IMO

Bronze.

I believe Chrysler recommends the NGKs for all the 4.0s that use coil packs.

replaced driver side spindle, tonight and re-greased the wheel bearings with mobile 1 synthetic grease.

062110201300.jpg

Apparently the last 2 times on the RTI ramp I didn't get quite as far up in 2wd...as I did today in 4wd.

Now I have to reweld my bumper and fix the "twisting"...I'm hoping a torch will reshape it all. On the bright side, most of my welds held and considering I learned to weld by building the bumper I'm pretty happy with that.

~Scott

Removed front inner plastic fender wells, cut and ground down that rib that's in there so I can have full travel....without cutting tires haha. Seafoamed it. I bet the neighbors love me now.

Probably headed to the store to pick up a tubing bender for my tube fender build.

Cant forget to mention I washed it for the first time since Noobfest!

Back