• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do to your XJ today

I must be dumb or just really tired and can't think of it. What is a Fitch Box? I looks like it has a cat5e jack in it, and possibly some relay's? Please explain.
I'm really glad I'm not the only one who had no clue what a Fitchbox was. :laugh:

Upon a quick Google search I found this thread:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=938344

The idea is to have all your relays in the same spot. Less ghetto wiring in the jeep the better. When you start to add relays most people just put them the easiest place they can and its not always the safest or smartest place to put them.....then they add another set of lights....and then a locker....and then another....you can see where this is going. So you run Cat5 cable that keeps all the switch signal wires in a nice neat fashion then you can centrally locate all your relays to one spot so you only have one power in, one ground, and then your switch signal Cat5. Cleaner and smarter set up than most but it requires a bit of thinking and effort on your part.
It's good to plan ahead. I wish I would have made one years ago. The wiring under my dash would probably be a bit more organized today.

Eric and I made Fitchboxes.

IMG00203-20110223-2101.jpg

IMG00202-20110223-2100.jpg

how much? i should probably just make one but iv been lazy lately

Sorry saw that someone was posting about a leak that they were going to use silicone on cant find it for the life of me. I thought it was you.

so what about wd-40 will it work in the mean time ?Also Im in the process of making a gortex cover for it should out last any other product out there for the price
WD-40 isn't good against weather, might be better than nothing but probably wont last long. WD tends to gum up mechanisms when it is exposed to dust or dirt. That's why it's not recommended for firearms. Gortex sounds like a good idea for a cover as it will let moisture escape.

I think I got rid of the damn heat soak problem that plagues the 01 xj's!!!

Put a hayden cooling temp sensor on that turns off when the truck cools to 190 degrees. I no longer have to watch allthe other vehicles start and go with ease....I TO CAN STOP FOR A BEER AND THEN HOP RIGHT BACK IN MY RIG AND DRIVE OFF!!!

FREEEDOM!!!!

Reinstalled my instrument cluster ... and I'm playing with the dash lamp dimmer trying to decide how cool the red illumination is when I hear this >sproing< sound as the dash lights fail ... and I can tell it's the rheostat winding cause I can feel the wiper catching on it ... so I drive to the parts store for a fresh headlight switch, then pulled the cluster back out while practicing all my swear words ... replaced the headlight switch ... put the dash back together and played with the dimmer some more to see how cool the red illumination is ... *sigh*

Reinstalled my instrument cluster ... and I'm playing with the dash lamp dimmer trying to decide how cool the red illumination is when I hear this >sproing< sound as the dash lights fail ... and I can tell it's the rheostat winding cause I can feel the wiper catching on it ... so I drive to the parts store for a fresh headlight switch, then pulled the cluster back out while practicing all my swear words ... replaced the headlight switch ... put the dash back together and played with the dimmer some more to see how cool the red illumination is ... *sigh*

nice!!! thats what it's all about...

picked up my new scout 800 today. cant wait to take the xj to the scrapper once the motor and trans is pulled. it will be a pleasure to have a v8 and a real frame to weld to. :laugh:

lol well you still are welcome to wheel with us even though your going through a mid jeep crisis lol you know cj5 and cj7 have frames and v8 as well right?

Back