• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you guys running for exhaust?

quit driving through salt water, problem solved :D

When did it become ok to openly discuss removing the cat?

What if the person lived out of the DEQ test area? Mine is registered at our cabin in Prineville Oregon. After I ripped mine off at TSF I decided to just throw a cheep turbo muffler and a turn down on it.

Dave

What if the person lived out of the DEQ test area? Mine is registered at our cabin in Prineville Oregon. After I ripped mine off at TSF I decided to just throw a cheep turbo muffler and a turn down on it.

Dave

On what Dave your Cherokee, if so yours must not have an O2 sensor in your Cat like mine does.

On my daily driver xj, I have the dynomax catback and a magnaflow hiflow cat (original wad bad). I got everything cheap through summit.

Got the new exhaust done today and im quite impressed with the sound and note it makes in varying rpm ranges. Deep rumble at idle and low rpms. Quiets out at mid rpms, and is hard to even tell there is an aftermarket exhaust after mid to high rpms. If you hold the high rpms (4k plus) till you reach 70 miles per hour or so it sounds good. Nothing I have ever heard come out of a 4.0L but I'm almost 100% sure not one person on here has my muffler. The guy at the exhaust shop hadn't even seen it lol.

Header wrap the downpipe, over cat, to the Flowmaster 40 muffler. The wrap gives the exhaust a slight change in pitch that I like. Idling after warmup it idles very quiet but with throttle gives a nice sound. :) 4 years and no problems yet

Thanks guys. Im hoping to hear Fivendimes this weekend. I have heard a couple cherokees with flowmasrers and im just not impressed. I like the dyno max sound but havent had many good reviews on q how they last. The others are still on the table also. I am going to listen to some more audio files later this week. I will post them and maybe we will have a poll. Im hoping to order something with my tax return. Thanks again guys.

So I am outside of having to pass Emissions and my cat fell apart and I am cheap so a glass pack filled the hole where the cat was untill the rest of my Exhaust got smashed. Now I have just a Glass pack but I have a arrestor for a dirt bike that fits in the end of my Tailpipe seems ok for Washingtons rules

quit driving through salt water, problem solved :D

I do not drive through salt water,
But the Salty mist that flows over the Jeep when it is parked on the beach at night + the winter’s road salt begins to take a toll.
I rinse the Jeeps Undercarriage after every outing & touch up the undercarriage every few months but the stock exhaust did not hold up. The Borla seems to be holding up very well.

Back