• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Fresh and ready for install in the XJ ... MMMM 5.9l of goodness

picture.php

so i have a wrecked TJ in my stall at work. so can have any "leftovers" IE any useable parts. so my haul will be some JKS disco's and 2 pro comp lower control arms for ZERO cost :)
and i am going to pick up a used d30 housing for it from u pull n pay saturday. i ll get some cash for my effort plus all the used part take offs.
another bonus--the owner has a 92 yj and wants to explore some mild build ideas. and i am the guy that knows a thing or three about Jeeps in my shop. so all in all a great week!
so i foresee 2 8.8 swaps coming and 2 high pinion d30's as well. and some torch work too. .

oh yeah i forgot-

pulled the frame on teh wrecked TJ and did it by eyeball....and it looks good. diamond is almost all gone and sway and the front height is dead on. i love it when frame repairs go easy as pie.
i ll use the measuring system Monday and see what i have since my initial shot last monday.

What year TJ? IF its a coilpack type I'd appreciate any ignition stuff I can get from you to keep as spares for my 2000 XJ

Not a good day of wrenchin'..........

Bought a nice set of old school Centerline modular style racing wheels to get that slightly nostalgic pre-runner look....... one leaks down badly.... right where the two pieces of the wheels come together..... :mad: Gonna dismount the tire and spray some of that rubber coat spray ya use to seal rain gutters all along the inside of the rim along where the halves meet.

The I tried to remove the flipped D300 from the AX15 and replace it with a 231. I CANNOT GET THE DADGUM D300 TO COME OFF OF THE TRANS!!!!!! :flamemad: The guy went the cheap route by shaving the end of the output shaft and the D300 bearing cap..... musta forced them together.... it will only budge 1/8" but simply will not let go! :banghead:

Flores WTF is that Bierwerks sticker doing on your rig?

What year TJ? IF its a coilpack type I'd appreciate any ignition stuff I can get from you to keep as spares for my 2000 XJ
sorry it is mainly front axle/bumper/rf fender.
i ll be heading to u pull n pay if i see any i ll pick it up for you. this is the rail with 3 coils for the spark plugs yes?

Yeah, that's what it is. No worries about it though man, its not important enough for me or anyone else to go out of their way. I'm not having any issues with mine at all, it was just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flores WTF is that Bierwerks sticker doing on your rig?

I support a lot of local micro breweries
There's a rocky mountain brewery sticker and a kbkb sticker too

Not a good day of wrenchin'..........

Bought a nice set of old school Centerline modular style racing wheels to get that slightly nostalgic pre-runner look....... one leaks down badly.... right where the two pieces of the wheels come together..... :mad: Gonna dismount the tire and spray some of that rubber coat spray ya use to seal rain gutters all along the inside of the rim along where the halves meet.

The I tried to remove the flipped D300 from the AX15 and replace it with a 231. I CANNOT GET THE DADGUM D300 TO COME OFF OF THE TRANS!!!!!! :flamemad: The guy went the cheap route by shaving the end of the output shaft and the D300 bearing cap..... musta forced them together.... it will only budge 1/8" but simply will not let go! :banghead:
Funny, I was looking at my D300 in the basement the other day wondering if I could do just that.

Guess I can, but that I should give it a better clearance fit than the PO of yours did :wow:

Yeah I'm seeing why the D300 adapter / clocking ring is a VERY good idea...... :mad:

I support a lot of local micro breweries
There's a rocky mountain brewery sticker and a kbkb sticker too

I was so excited when that place opened up. Within skipping distance of my house. First time I go there, I am served a beer in a mug that appears to be growing a goatee around the rim. Haven't been back. It was THAT much hair.

Yeah I'm seeing why the D300 adapter / clocking ring is a VERY good idea...... :mad:
Damn, I was looking at how much has to be taken off and accidentally found a thread on pirate by a vendor selling clocking/adapter rings for the AW4/AX15 for 70 bucks. Not worth it to hack up my 300 for that price, I'll get the adapter. Can't believe anyone would do that...

They also have dana 60 high steer arms that will clear H1 rims for $90 a set, damn it, my wallet's already trying to punch me in the nuts just for looking at this stuff :looney:

edit: $160 a set, $90 is each. Who buys ONE high steer arm? :huh:

Last edited:
My report is that is runs. "Don't eff with it!"

Damn, I was looking at how much has to be taken off and accidentally found a thread on pirate by a vendor selling clocking/adapter rings for the AW4/AX15 for 70 bucks. Not worth it to hack up my 300 for that price, I'll get the adapter. Can't believe anyone would do that...
I bought one....leaked like a F*ckin' pig. Too many holes in it to seal properly.

I made one out of 3/8" plate with the exact holes I needed....no more leaks.

Mr. Jeep is loving its new owner... makes me sad and happy!
15eid10.jpg

Sir Dutch, When will you be ready for this?
a3zdb4.jpg

Good lord that's red.

What's the axle for????

Back