• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

welding

ifoundastick

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone can help me...Saturday night i was doing a quck run and ended up breaking my shock mount on my axle side....... I just need some one to weld the shock mount back on...

thanks Lance

Lance,

Can you stick weld?

If so you can make a welder out of 3 car batteries and some jumper cables and have this fixed in a jiffy.

Good luck.

ifoundastick said:
naw man i cant weild.... I need to learn how

Lance

Don't do the stick welding with the three batteries unless it is an emergency (like out in the trail).

See Clean-RC. He'll do it right with a real welder.

Yea, dont do the battery welding, its too dangerous, you might blow your self up igniting the the hydrogen gas vented by the batteries. Why risk your life just to weld a shock mount on. You might even get a sunburn burning a whole stick. Hell you might even breathe some of the fumes or worse yet, warp your axle tube from all the heat. A real welder is the only way to go. Getting someone else to weld it is even better. In fact you should get a Jeep Factory Trained Shock Mount Welder do the job.

Sh*t, you should probably call AAA and get your jeep towed to a welder cause its even dangerous to drive without a shock mount.

Good Luck.

rpili2001 said:
Yea, dont do the battery welding, its too dangerous, you might blow your self up igniting the the hydrogen gas vented by the batteries. Why risk your life just to weld a shock mount on. You might even get a sunburn burning a whole stick. Hell you might even breathe some of the fumes or worse yet, warp your axle tube from all the heat. A real welder is the only way to go. Getting someone else to weld it is even better. In fact you should get a Jeep Factory Trained Shock Mount Welder do the job.

Sh*t, you should probably call AAA and get your jeep towed to a welder cause its even dangerous to drive without a shock mount.

Good Luck.
Wow, Ray.... you sure seem to be a in a dark mood ;)
Avery, battery welding isn't bad, my front axle (tube was split into two pieces) has been welded back together with 3 batteries and stick and it held up for a day and a half more on the Con as well as on the drive back home @ 70mph!

Yeah its not that bad it just annoying driving down the freeway at 80 and the whole god dam jeep is bouncing around......... thats why i want to get it done

Lance

rpili2001 said:

Good Luck.

I have zero problem with battery welding (Dan is an artist with a jumper cable ;) )

Have you met Miller? This is your Jeep Factory Trained Shock Mount Welder.

millermatic210pkg.jpg

One vote for Scott here too (Clean-RC). He threw a couple welds up on my trackbar mount to finally get that thing secured there. BTW thanks again Scott, really appreciate it! It drove alot smoother home, and now little less of a dead spot/more steering response.

Kejtar said:
Wow, Ray.... you sure seem to be a in a dark mood ;)
Avery, battery welding isn't bad, my front axle (tube was split into two pieces) has been welded back together with 3 batteries and stick and it held up for a day and a half more on the Con as well as on the drive back home @ 70mph!

Sorry about that Remi,

I should not have commented under the influence. Dave put me in a bad mood when he said I dont wheel anymore so I drained a bottle and at my age 1 bottle is all i need.

Plus the comment about battery welding only in emergencies is a load of bullcrap.

Later

rpili2001 said:
Sorry about that Remi,

I should not have commented under the influence. Dave put me in a bad mood when he said I dont wheel anymore so I drained a bottle and at my age 1 bottle is all i need.

Plus the comment about battery welding only in emergencies is a load of bullcrap.

Later
LOL... but you don't wheel anymore ;) Anyways I'm just giving you hard time :D

Back