• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend of 10/17 Badlands

They are pretty much letting anything go as far as the tech in as long as its safe. I will have to run the unlimited A class with mine due to the coilovers and custom suspension. My concerns for mine that I am addressing are more of a personal thing for myself and passenger rather than TREC rules.

What class are you planning on running and what are your questions?

The only new thing for this race is that they are going to require you to have some sort of reflective clothing (more than half the race will be in the dark, so you can be seen if you get out of the rig) and to have a battery powered flashing light that you can put on your rig if you are broke and have no power for your lights so that other competitors can see you on the track.

mac 'pit crew for two races, co-driver for one, and now driver for the last' gyvr

Well my goal was to really work hard on the XJ and get it set up for this sort of thing, but life happens. I would probably be running class B. Concerns are that I don't have a cage (only required for class A I think), but also I am running doorless. Stock seat belts. Mostly just concerned about safety stuff. I mean basically can you just throw a lift on an XJ, get a fire extinguisher and flashing light and have a good time?

I remember reading the initial rules and being a little overwhelmed by how much was required. Early in the year I e-mailed them about clarifying some rules, but never got anything back. The impression I got from watching the last race is that it's just a free-for-all this year and then they'll try to nail things down better for next year.

Either way, thinking I'll just watch from the sidelines and cheer for you and any other NAXJA peeps who are racing, and focus on getting ready for next year's season. Never enough time...

Well my goal was to really work hard on the XJ and get it set up for this sort of thing, but life happens. I would probably be running class B. Concerns are that I don't have a cage (only required for class A I think), but also I am running doorless. Stock seat belts. Mostly just concerned about safety stuff. I mean basically can you just throw a lift on an XJ, get a fire extinguisher and flashing light and have a good time?

I remember reading the initial rules and being a little overwhelmed by how much was required. Early in the year I e-mailed them about clarifying some rules, but never got anything back. The impression I got from watching the last race is that it's just a free-for-all this year and then they'll try to nail things down better for next year.

Either way, thinking I'll just watch from the sidelines and cheer for you and any other NAXJA peeps who are racing, and focus on getting ready for next year's season. Never enough time...

Based on what you just said, the only thing that they are looking for is if you are not going to run doors, then they want some sort of protection where the doors used to be.

me and rosco built a 93 zj for the last one and we did a very simple cage (a cage is not required if the vehicle hasn't been previously rolled over) and very simple plastic seat mounts with four point harnesses (and stock seat belts are suffient in the B class)...we just did a bar from the a pillar to the b pillar, not even attaching to the inside cage...like i said, really simple, i'll post a pic here in a bit....

almost any XJ that the majority has would tech in just fine for the b class...stock off the shelf suspensions and stock springs/coils etc

mac 'hope that made sense...got side tracked here a work for a minute' gyvr

This is officially going to be at badlands now, I will be staying at Badlands campground, Its just waaaay easier with the bus.

Summers is way nicer..but think I can tolerate the Badlands. At least they have a shower and toilet.

Save me a spot. Plan to arrive Friday afternoon.

BOB

Based on what you just said, the only thing that they are looking for is if you are not going to run doors, then they want some sort of protection where the doors used to be.

me and rosco built a 93 zj for the last one and we did a very simple cage (a cage is not required if the vehicle hasn't been previously rolled over) and very simple plastic seat mounts with four point harnesses (and stock seat belts are suffient in the B class)...we just did a bar from the a pillar to the b pillar, not even attaching to the inside cage...like i said, really simple, i'll post a pic here in a bit....

almost any XJ that the majority has would tech in just fine for the b class...stock off the shelf suspensions and stock springs/coils etc

mac 'hope that made sense...got side tracked here a work for a minute' gyvr

here's the best pic i have of the door bar we welded on.
DSCF0821.jpg

mac 'we used that rig up' gyvr

as of now i plan on being there, hope the wifey can get off work if not i may go with out her :D

I mentioned this run to Wyfie.

She didn't say HaleNo. So, it's a possibility. Just have to wait closer to time to see how the funds are.

I'm in!! It's gunna cost me though per my loving wife..

You guys know that the 17th is sweetest day. Just a FYI

Like I knew till she told me.:rolleyes:

Nick

If I can afford the gas to get there, and nothing else breaks first, I'm going to try to make this. I can try out my new traction bar. And my door comes off now.:)

I think i have an exam friday night, so i could probably make it up there for saturday morning. but id have to see if i can get off work. id really like to make a few more runs before WF

I plan to be there, probably friday afternoon.

Anyone reserving spots at the campground? I imagine it will be a bit more crowded than at Winterfest.

Won't make it. Wyfie has been invited to a reunion with some old friends the same weekend.

And that affects you how?

:D
She very rarely does anything other than stay at home with the kids while I play. So, when she wants to go.......I let her.:D

She very rarely does anything other than stay at home with the kids while I play. So, when she wants to go....... I tell her to have a good time!.:D

Fixed it for you ... I'll bet that "let" does not quite apply! :D

Last edited:
Not sure if i'll camp or not. I want to come just to push stuff over with my new bumper! :D

Back