• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: CHEAP XJ (less than $1000)

fatwreck

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for one in that is less than $1000. It could be 2wd or 4wd, 2 door or 4 door. Prefer a 4.0L with AW4. Some damage is ok. I don't want anything older than a '91....and would prefer that it has less than 200k miles. I'm ok with replacing axles and transfer cases, but I'm not interested in any engine/tranny swaps right now.

What do you have for me?

Craigslist.com is your friend lots to choose from, check the areas not too far from you like Chicago, Rockford, Milwaukee, Madison, etc. :wave:

Big Red is a 91' and for sale & I have my 98' black 2 dr 5 speed 4x4 for sale but want more then $1K :)

Troy

Wow...I've never heard of craigslist before...thanks for the lesson. :moon:

I've been scouring the listings on a daily basis. I haven't come up with one in a few weeks now. Plus, I was hoping to get one from somebody that actually knows something about XJs.

Wow...I've never heard of craigslist before...thanks for the lesson. :moon:

I've been scouring the listings on a daily basis. I haven't come up with one in a few weeks now. Plus, I was hoping to get one from somebody that actually knows something about XJs.

:laugh2: If I were you I'd get a XJ from someone who doesn't know much about XJs on craigslist much cheaper that way.
I've gotten quite a few XJs on there through the years, fix them up, lift them and resell them. :guitar:

My brother just picked up a 91 with a pretty fresh motor, lift, 33 bfg at's, winch bumper, track bar, ox locker, zero rust for $750 on craigslist!

I'd like doors on it, but I'm also capable of putting doors on it. Do you have the doors or no? Can you PM me with the rest of the details?

I have a buddy in Belvidere, IL that has a '92 for sale. It's one of my old XJ's. He's had it almost 2 years now, but I don't think he's even really driven it, lol. Body is a little rough, but not horrible. It's got a 3.5" lift on it, but everything else is stock. Lemme know if you're still lookin' and I'll put you in touch with him.

Last edited:
I have a buddy in Belvidere, IL that has a '92 for sale. It's one of my old XJ's. He's had it almost 2 years now, but I don't think he's even really driven it, lol. Body is a little rough, but not horrible. It's got a 3.5" lift on it, but everything else is stock. Lemme know if you're still lookin' and I'll put you in touch with him.

Still looking...send me a PM with info.

My brother just picked up a 91 with a pretty fresh motor, lift, 33 bfg at's, winch bumper, track bar, ox locker, zero rust for $750 on craigslist!

OMG that is so awesome....great pick up!!! WOW!!! :party:

check out craigslook.com it allows you the search craigslist in multiple areas at once. its lets you put in a range too.
icon14.gif

Back