• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: A stock leaf spring

mcantar18c

NAXJA Forum User
Yes, just a single spring. Preferably the main spring. Preferably for cheap/free.
PM me.

Spring steel, great for making knives.

I've got stock leaf springs. One is untouched, the other i cut the bushing off. I'll be in Canon city/pueblo in a couple of weeks. You can have em if thats close

Spring steel, great for making knives.
Winning.

Forgot my location isn't more specific here. I'm in Centennial... could a mod please edit that into the OP?
Thanks for the offers guys, but I don't want to spend too much in gas to get it ($100 round trip for Canon)

Maybe you could simply get rid of the cutesie "ColHOrado" in your User CP info so it shows "Centennial".......... :twak:

Done. That was requested out of another thread... was a while ago though.
Would still be nice to have it in the OP...

Knives? If that's the case, I might be up for bringing them to you, or at least castle rock area- depends on my schedule.

That is... maybe... for a trade ;)

I just lost my kershaw.

I'd be willing to meet you in Castle Rock and make a knife for you. I was just going to make a boar knife (best way to hunt boar... up close and personal) and a defensive knife out of the main spring, so I'm sure there'd be plenty steel left to make a third of whatever design you want.
The blades will of course be heat treated, tempered, and finished to hair-shaving sharpness. I can do metal, wood, and paracord handles.
I don't have the resources to coat or parkerize, but I know a guy that does if you were hoping for something like that.

Sounds good.
Just noticed you said you lost your Kershaw. If you're looking for a pocket knife, I could try my hand at a folder if you'd like... I know how to make a lock-back type knife but I've never actually done one before so I don't know how it'd turn out. If you're ok with carrying a fixed blade, I could make one small enough to conceal on a belt (3-4" blade).

Last edited:
I like kershaw because of their spring opening assist. Used it mostly for working behind a bar and EDC stuff. It didn't do too well camping- not a lot of stability in those folders.

I have a 8" kabar, but its big and bulky, and i try not to look like i'm going to hunt a human when hiking or camping.

I'm totally fine with fixed blade knife with a blade ~5" long. I should know more by next week if I'll be up in the area or not. Paracord would work for me too if you're better than me at getting it tight. I've tried wrapping it to use as a handle a couple times, and it always seems to go loose after a while.

Yeah, there's nothing really that a folder can do that a fixed blade can't do better... especially for defensive stuff and for rough use like when camping and hunting.
Cool, lemme know. If you want you can draw up a design you like or show me some knives that you think look good and I could use it as a template.
With paracord, its all about how you wrap it and how you secure it. Lots of different ways to do it, some work better than others. I can take care of it for ya.

. Paracord would work for me too if you're better than me at getting it tight. I've tried wrapping it to use as a handle a couple times, and it always seems to go loose after a while.

Have you tried wrapping the cord really tight and then soaking it in water and letting it dry? All of the paracord work I do get's MUCH tighter after having been soaked and dried.

Pics of said knives?

Ya gotta wait till I make em first... ain't even heard from fallacist yet.

The boar knife will look something like this with a somewhat different blade, and possibly a little longer (goal is to stick them up through the armpit and penetrate the heart):
https://steeladdictionknives.com/store/images/knives/Newboar.jpg

And the defensive one will be something like this:
http://ingunowners.com/forums/the_cutting_edge/81497-infidel_edgeworks_grab_n_stab.html

Have to talk to fallacist to see what kind of blade he wants.

Back