• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WANT TO BUY off road Light bar and HID lights!!!

IMG_20120513_105957.jpg

It's called being in a hurry. you guys treat miss spelling as if it was a sin. This is a great forum for help, but holy POO POO you better spell everything right or you're in for a bunch of cyber bullies lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man i can't spill worth a tone, ask anybody who knows me.But they learned i could careless if they call me on it.

Once again my spell check didn't work.LOL

Like I said, we like to be able to understand what a person is saying. It's not about spell check so much as a sentence that covers three lines with no punctuation is inherently difficult to read.

Also, if you're paying attn to what xcm has to say when he's being dumb, you're wrong. Technically savvy, knows XJs, doesn't know how to get along so well sometimes.

Alright enough of this crap guys, let's stop acting like 6th graders. let's get back to the topic.

LEDs definitely look cool, and are good for places with not much space, but when it comes down to cost, HID out perform led and they're cheaper if you put in the time and build them yourself. I'm getting 4 hella 500s for 100 bucks, and 4 hid conversions for another 120. Thats 4 hid Hellas for 220, they will out shine a 50" led bar for less than half the price. However, if I was concerned about taking up space and wanted something slim and sleek, id spend the extra cash on an led bar. They still shine ppretty damn bright, they look bad ass, and they use less power.

Thats my opinion.

Ps, no more arguing like a bunch of teenage girls, we joined this forum for.helpful advice, and a community of people who share our same interests, JEEPS! So let's keep the discussions friendly and on topic. Thanks guys!

Who's there?

Hey Grimm, the lighter thing got me thinking.
Anyone got a pic of using camping lanterns on the bumper, they put out a ton of light. Going to buy stock in a mantle manufacturer right now.

Hey Grimm, the lighter thing got me thinking.
Anyone got a pic of using camping lanterns on the bumper, they put out a ton of light. Going to buy stock in a mantle manufacturer right now.

You're talking about Coleman dual mantle lanterns?

They sure are bright. Will work perfectly.

Yeah, I have always used the pouch type mantles.
Any advantage to using the accordion style?

Don't really know, I've only used the pouch type too. I heard they are brighter and throw a better pattern.

Last edited:
Lol sorry for the melt down. So back to lights, I was going to build a light bar with 5 Hella hids and mount them where your sun visor area is but thought that would look to big. What do you guys think?

Back