• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want a new XJ

dark92xj

NAXJA Forum User
So i recently deemed my 92 sport unsafe. The door fell off in the walmart parking lot with my wife in the car. I really want to get a newer xj (97-01) stockish to swap my lift and tires to. Mileage wont be a deal breaker...just need something under 200k preferable but if its a good deal ill give it a look. I dont have alot of cash but I want one with an auto tranny, power everything and the least damage to the body. If anyone knows of an xj for sale around or under $3000 let me know. Has to be a 4 door for the kids. Thanks!

Didn't you just get a 2000? :dunno:

Love my 2000

Mine does have the crappy head and LP D30, but no extra CATs on my exhaust manifold to rob me of power. And with just over 200,000 miles on it I figure the head is either safe or I'm screwed, but as I only paid 2G's for it I can afford to swap the head if needed.

Yeah, I don't know about all that cat business...

This one is a wierd one. First new one optioned out with full skid package and HD cooling I've seen. No rust; lived in Arkansas.

But I was just saying one was available not expecting to be slapped for suggesting an XJ that wasn't the best optioned ever made...

I have reevaluated my situation and it looks like I may also be able to trade my 4 wheeler for a nice Cherokee. If its a great rig I would consider trading my 4 wheeler plus some cash as well. Have narrowed it down to 97-01 4 door auto, really really want one with around 130k miles but a nice exterior and interior are more important than mileage. More info on the 4 wheeler just PM me

I have an '01 and can vouch for the suckness of the extra CATs. It runs good, but I deal with major heat soak issues in the summer time due to those CATs. They put off a butt load of heat underneath the hood, so hood vents or running a fan on a switch is a must.

I wired up my electric fan to a toggle, so when I shut the Jeep off I click the fan on and let it run. If I don't, it'll misfire on cylinder 3 every time.

Haven't had any issues with the head so far...but I have less than 100,000 on it. Other than the heat soak issues, it's been a great Jeep!

Last edited:
^^^ Agreed. I have a '00 and I have hood vents plus a fan toggle to keep the temps manageable. But I am especially paranoid since my first 0331-head engine overheated and caused lots of problems down the road including a new long block.

ZLuster just had a sweet looking red one up for sale. I wanted the bottom seat cover off the driver's seat.

what kind of 4 wheeler do you have. i have a 2000 xj i am selling with 216798 miles on it but it runs great interior is also good and exterior has little dings on it. plus has a lift and new tires with an arb front winch bumper

My 4 wheeler is a 99 Polaris Sportsman with under 1100mi Has new battery, good tires, a full cover for storage, AWD and 2WD, Electric and pull to start, Front winch (dont know make or load rating), Metal grille guard, rear 2 inch hitch reciever, Hard gun case, a soft bag on rear with a built in seat, Rear has a metal rack and front has a hard plastic rack, its a 4x4 independat shaft drive with dual sensing engine braking system, has High Low and Reverse gears.

Back