• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Walmart vs. harbor freight lights.

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Now be nice I know neither are super bright/amazing as others but they seem like they can be useful and bright for cheap.

I've wanted to get some light for driving and off roading and I see that Wally's world has a pair that are $23 and say 55 watt halogen. Harbor has single lights that are 55 watt and $10 a piece so both are near the same but was wondering if anyone has any experience with either and which one is brighter/better.

Also a second question is Walmart has these platinum burner L.e.d. Lights which are super small(1.5@ tall) and a few more that are relatively the same size and are in strips. Anyone try these? How bright are they and how good?

It's all Chinese throwaway junk

I suggest spend the money on Good H4 housings and get decent halogen bulbs.

Far better value for the money.

good H4 headlight housings and bulbs are better than a set of hella 500s. my high beams were just as bright, if not brighter than them when i had them all hooked up.

These light wont be used as normal driving lights.. They will be angled for side lighting and possibly as back up lights. Meaning I cants use them for normal road use, my plan was to use two in the back for back up lights(small ones) to light up the rear(kinda like someone on here did with a l.e,d, light bar) and use the front to light up both front and side of my jeep. I know I can do h4 but those can only be angled legally to the degree/angle used as a driving light. These wouldn't lol these would be angled for very far ahead and at sides for either lonely dark roads or offroading

I have some of the wally world lights. I run 4 of them. They arent bad. No different than kc daylighters. Ive ran them for about 5 seasons and never had a problem with them. Once they go out i will jump up to hids or a led bar. But until them im going to get my monies worth.

I have used the Wally-World lights for many years and I like them. They're cheap so if you destroy them, they're cheap to replace and they put out decent light, depending on which model you get. The HF $10 lights (IMO), it's hard to tell the difference between them and the MUCH more expensive KC's. And again, if you trash them, they're cheap to replace. They work VERY well for the money and they're fairly tough.

Back