• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

waaaaaay off topic: pontiac bonneville help

.hendrix.

NAXJA Forum User
Working on my aunt's '93 bonneville because she cant afford a mechanic. The #5 fuse burns out as soon as the key is turned to the on position (I think the heated mirrors are bad so this isnt really an issue.). The car will start but it dies as soon as the engine warms up a little. Right before or after it dies the check oil light comes on. We have changed these parts: new fuel pump, pressure regulator, crank position sensor, cam position sensor, mass air flow sensor is functioning correctly.

Pulling my hair out. Can anyone help?

it may have a trip switch in it if the oil pressure is to low.What is it when running? I had a Gen on a motorhome that wouldn't run cause the sender was bad.

it may have a trip switch in it if the oil pressure is to low.What is it when running? I had a Gen on a motorhome that wouldn't run cause the sender was bad.

good point!-- if it's got a three wire oil pressure sending unit, it's got a fuel pump interrupt built into it. The vehicle starts from an ECU controlled grounding of the fuel pump relay and the oil pressure sending unit takes over after engine is running.

low pressure= no fuel pump
bad sending unit= no fuel pump

im with the oil pressure sender theory. another possible ive seen is a bad o2 sensor (i believe there is only one on that car). if shorted it will cause it to run poorly or die when the vehicle warms up enough to go to closed loop

Back