• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Virginia NAXJAns?

xxxj-va

NAXJA Forum User
Just curious.....how many NAXJAns live withing an hour or so of Richmond, VA? Let's do something.....day trip, mods, hands on tech exchange, beer drinking (my preference).
P

I'm in fredericksburg. XXX I thing we met at camp jeep on trail 2. I maybe confused alittle since that was along week but didn't you kinda loose you cargo rack?

Hey Im down here in Norfolk my friend and I both have heavily moded XJs, I would be up for some fun... I would be willing to do something whenever...

Well if you want to do any wheeling you almost have to come out to the valley.I,m near Woodstock,
Pete ,come on up,but do it soon as I,m about to re-gear and the old axle is not too good.
wayne

XTrmXJ said:
Hey Im down here in Norfolk my friend and I both have heavily moded XJs, I would be up for some fun... I would be willing to do something whenever...

I'm in Virginia Beach and would be up for a meet and greet of some variety.

XTrmXJ, have I met you before?? I've got a silver '01 4.5" 32s, bullbar, tire carrier, etc.

Ary

Count me in too. I'm in Stafford, so I guess I barely meet your 1 hour from Richmond criteria, though there are several members just a little further north too. I proposed the idea of doing this back in the fall but there were too many other events going on to make it happen then, now is a good time to start looking ahead to Spring.

Yeah that was ne who "lost" my rack at CJ2003. :) tlman what did you have in mind last year, did you have a trip in mind? I think a weekend somewhere would be fun. With no one's objection I'll create an email list from the responses. AJ-MJ I like the way you think...

P

Well I guess it was a little further back than the fall that it came up. It looks like it was back in July that we had the discussion.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7165

The link is in the members forum, so it might not be accessible to non-members. That's just another reason to join though. :roll:

It just came up that we should have a meet and greet because there are a number of us around and we had not gotten together since we joined into another forum's meet and greet in Rockville over a year before.

This is a good time of year to start making the plans so that we can set time aside. We might want to start out with an afternoon meet and greet somewhere earlier in the year and then have a trail ride as well after that.

Virginia may be in both the North Atlantic and Southeast chapters, but in some ways it's really too far from either to regularly participate in their events, so we don't get together and see each other as much as we should. If this works we may want to look at doing some more things on a regional basis for the DC/Richmond folks.

I'm in Richmond....unfortunately my MJ is still sitting up in PA. I WILL have it down here by May (like when I took it up there last June I said I'd have it back here by November).
AJ-MJ, I was gonna PM you sometime..I lived in Hopewell for a few years and am down there a few times a week (live in Chester now). Where 'bouts you at? I'd like to meet ya and check out your MJ. Shoot me a PM or EM if ya get a chance.
Jeff
'87 MJ

I don't think that a VA chapter is warranted or even supported :) and its kinda cool having dual citizenship in both SE and NA chapters. I guess they'd welcome us to any run relatively close to VA. I think what we can do is get a headcount/email list together and make sure all the Virginia NAXJAns know about NA and SE runs and goings on. I might start posting on their boards and see what's what. What do y'all think about that? More ideas or comments?
P

I think it is great idea. And I like the part about the meet and greet.
How many places are there available legally; to go offroad, with our vehicles in Virginia?
And also if anyone has a project that needs to be done, we can get together. For instance we can get together at my house and do brake work, gear swaps and so on.
Just some ideas

Jeff in VA said:
I'm in Richmond....unfortunately my MJ is still sitting up in PA. I WILL have it down here by May (like when I took it up there last June I said I'd have it back here by November).
AJ-MJ, I was gonna PM you sometime..I lived in Hopewell for a few years and am down there a few times a week (live in Chester now). Where 'bouts you at? I'd like to meet ya and check out your MJ. Shoot me a PM or EM if ya get a chance.
Jeff
'87 MJ

Jeff

[email protected]

SARFARI ARY... I cant remember If I have or not... Did I meet you on the Navy Base when I was passing through, I just cant remember.. As far as I know Im the only Purple XJ rolling 35 in the area let me know if we have, Ive meet a lot of people in the area...

Hey also since we live so close we could probably get together to bump heads on some things, do you do any fabrications?? We have a local club up in Hampton and there are a couple modified XJs.. Buy the way This Sat there is a cherity fund raiser we are going to be a part of, here is the thread.. http://www.mpjai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=533&sid=0ba09ef0f87d90c66774d14e6dd346c9 ... Give me a call sometime 757-303-7760.. Jon

Well let's throw out some dates for a meet and greet.

We need to decide where to have it because further north will draw in more DC folks, or to keeping it in Richmond will be closer to the Tidewater. I'd suggest the Fredericksburg area because it's within an hours drive of both Richmond and NoVA.

How about doing the meet and greet sometime in April just to get to know each other and then shooting for a wheeling trip to the valley in June or July? The trip could be set up as an official chapter function (either NA or SE), but we'll need help from the BOD to do it right because I don't have any experience staging an event. Then again it doesn't have to be because they've got about 50 Jeeps doing something in New England this week and it's unofficial.

First let's decide where and when and then we can discuss it further on one of the chapter boards. Any other ideas???

Back