• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vehicle (my XJ) title issues

95' heep

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to get title for my XJ so I can license/register it legally and drive it on street

The problem are...

I bought it as "no title" but the owner found that the title can be retrived by the original owner before him (his buddy). said that the title is being held by the bank (loan was used on it, but its has been paid off now anyway).

I am not sure what I should be doing about this....

I have exact 95' XJ that I lifted and use for trails, IDK if i should use its title to register/license this other 95' XJ (its illegal though)

I and my dad isnt very clear on what will be required on what to do to get the damn title for it in our name

anyone know well on whats involved to get this solved?

Have his buddy go file for a lost title. The DMV will then send it to him. Have him sign it over to you. Bam, title!

That what we're shooting for right now, hopefully it will go through. I honestly stupidly put lot of time and money into it before i found out that getting title can be issue, even a bit expensive.

the worst part is the original owner dont speak english!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From your posts, it sounds like you barely speak english...;) j/k

If the guy you got it from can shw ownership at all, have him write up a bill of sale saying he sold it to you. That's how I got the title to my 85 Nissan. Got the truck from my brother in law, he didn't have the title so he just wrote up a bill of sale saying he sold it to me. However, he had the title in the past as it was registered in his name.

that makes sense. My first language is America Sign Language ( I am deaf so that explains), English is my secondary language, I at least understand the majority of the English language, and still working on it at college :)

that makes sense. My first language is America Sign Language ( I am deaf so that explains), English is my secondary language, I at least understand the majority of the English language, and still working on it at college :)

Here in Indiana you would just have to have the buddy of the guy you bought it from go to the license branch and file for a lost title. They would then charge him like 9 or ten bucks. They would then mail it to him. Then, All he would need to do is sign it over to you as long as the guy you bought it from never had the title they won't know the difference.

Here in Indiana you would just have to have the buddy of the guy you bought it from go to the license branch and file for a lost title. They would then charge him like 9 or ten bucks. They would then mail it to him. Then, All he would need to do is sign it over to you as long as the guy you bought it from never had the title they won't know the difference.
That would work in most states as long as the bank has properly discharged the lien. If the state still has the bank on record as the lien holder, he won't get the title.

Well, my Son bought a trashed Tracker from one of his cousins, got a bill of sale, then the cousin was off to MCRD San Diego for boot camp.

Come to find out, the previous owner to the cousin was still on the title, as was a bank.

Son got papers from DMV, went to bank and because the loan had in fact been paid in full they signed off their interest.

Son then tracked down the previous registered owner and he signed off.

DMV registered the vehicle to my Son, no problema.

Of course, as you are in Illinois, you can just pay the bribe! :roflmao:

just got the documents of the lien stuff from the bank from the P.O. and he's going to get the "bill of sale" right now with this non-english speaking guy, so its looking good for now :D

Back