• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanilla Gorrilla blog

Very happy to see this ape get tons. Awesome.
thanks for the update.

Ill be shaving both actually. I found a shave kit with a rounded bottom to match the curve of the housing more.
Should end up at about 240$ with a new cover.

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=9bl82f0vk1dos12849suelb1j3&topic=8436.25

What do yall think.

Pat i dont think any amount of wax will fix the damage i have done. Im about ready to towtone it like alan.

Also i had read somewhere that the tubes on the late model 14bolts are a bit thinner toward the pumpkin. I can see that they are shaved a bit just before they enter the housing. Should i worry about this? Id like to not have to worry about a truss but if i must i will. Ruffstuffs truss seams legit. Ill have to modify it for leaf aplication and traction bar though.

Last edited:
I would do a truss. Can incorporate bump plates, and leaf spring plates or u bolt eliminator type deal. Also, if you ever consider running a 4 link in the rear the truss will already be there.
You can also do what some do and weld the tubes to the pumpkin

Yeah i was already planning on burning the tubes in. Here is a pic of what im talking about
666f15e415cd5aa50273ce7023a73721.jpg

We arent talking thousandths of an inch shaved off.

Ill probably end up just trussing it. Just looking for opinions on trusses and shave kits. And pinion guards/tieins and stuff like that. The ruffstuff truss has a tiein andyou can add a pinion guard all for like 250$
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com...oduct_Code=14TTRUSS&Category_Code=AxleTrusses

It seams like the other popular one is artec and is quite a bit more if you add in the tiein and guard
https://artecindustries.3dcartstores.com/mobile/14-bolt-Rear-Truss_p_203.html

Last edited:
you might break a lot of other stuff, but you will not break that 14b.

Don't worry about it. It is still 450 wall going into the pumpkin. If your bending that your driving career should have ended a while ago

have you seen gordo smasho drive?!? :wow:

Holy god i hope i dont end up breaking this thing.

Deffinaty going with the ruff stuff truss, tie-in, pinion guard, and cover. Ill probably end up doing the tmr deep shave kit. Should be a very sturdy axle.

So these tons will be a next off season swap. And ill be acquiring parts along the way so it will be as straight forward as possible.

My list for the guerrilla 2015 season prep are as follows

-strip interior
-motor/ax15/231d/300swap
-AGR box install
-new steering pump, and lines
-replace the ac compressor
-Rebuild upper and lower arm joints
-new flat trans crossmember
-new ignition coil
-full tuneup and fluids change
-install alloys in the 30
-new cb install