• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

US-2 Snow run

If you go to tonga, you don't get near stevens pass.

We were up there last weekend. The road is plowed all the way to the trestle. No problems getting everyones 4X4 tow rigs up there. Those with 2WD tow rigs will have a problem. Those that DD. Piece of cake. Plenty of parking for all.

Karl,
Where were you last weekend? Are you recommending the Tonga side over Jack's Pass?

Where is the parking for tow rig's, I'm 4x4 but that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy ;)

Michael

Tonga is across US-2 from Beckler Rd at the end of Foss River Rd. Either place would be great. I am open to any suggestions you can give us, Karl. Glad to hear you are going to join us :D

I also like the idea of the Jack Pass loop from both sides. How bad is the Index-Galena washed out?

Current list
1 me
2 Michael
3 Joe
4 Alex
5 Doug (maybe)
6 XJranger
7 RRT
8 Keil
9 Matt
10 Karl

This is going to kick a$$

I dont want to miss this run, and wont be giving my rig a run at it...so anyone have an open seat to spare? If so, it would me much appreciated. Alex, Keil, Matt...? :D

-Lyle

man if I wasn't working...I'd be hitching a ride with one of you! Bummer, sounds like it'll be fun. Make sure you guys bring camera's and use them! (Lyle, I expect some good ones if you go)

~Scott

you guys are all about the stickies... :wierd: :thumbup:

Karl,
Where were you last weekend? Are you recommending the Tonga side over Jack's Pass?

Where is the parking for tow rig's, I'm 4x4 but that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy ;)

Michael

We were at tonga ridge. If you drive past the ranger station about a mile it is on your right. (Foss River Road)

The parking for tow rigs is about 2 miles down the road where they stop plowing. Plenty of space to turn around.

4x4 tow rigs, bring chains. Otherwise you will have to unload and use your wheeler to tow your ass out. 2wd tow rigs: good luck.

When went up there I got there fine, but needed chains to get back out. I could have towed my tow rig out with the jeep, but I blew up the front end, so I just chained up.

We were at tonga ridge. If you drive past the ranger station about a mile it is on your right. (Foss River Road)

The parking for tow rigs is about 2 miles down the road where they stop plowing. Plenty of space to turn around.

4x4 tow rigs, bring chains. Otherwise you will have to unload and use your wheeler to tow your ass out. 2wd tow rigs: good luck.

When went up there I got there fine, but needed chains to get back out. I could have towed my tow rig out with the jeep, but I blew up the front end, so I just chained up.

Karl, I have two tow rig's, my primary tow rig is an Excursion on 38's (4x4, no chains to fit). My second tow rig is my 05 Grand on 33's (4x4, I have chains but no intention of putting them on ;). With what you have said, I think I might prefer to bring the Grand?

I assume alot with change between now and then with regard to conditions and such but I am wondering if it makes more sense for us to park lower down off the main road? I guess we can see as it gets closer to time.

Michael

Bring the excursion Michael, I want to see the you spin those 38's.:D

-Alex

And then blow one out and have to wait for his wife to come with a spare, or for him to give a lesson on stiching tires? :eek:

:yelclap:

~Scott

Bring the excursion Michael, I want to see the you spin those 38's.:D

-Alex

Trust me, it's not as cool as it sounds ;(

It is VERY easy to break all 4 tires loose on the snow with the Diesel!! Expecially when pulling a 7500lb trailer!!

Michael

I will be bringing my new tow straps courtesy of MASTER-PULL, if someone gets stuck I would really like to see how well these work out.

DSCN0046.jpg

-Alex

I will be bringing my new tow straps courtesy of MASTER-PULL, if someone gets stuck I would really like to see how well these work out.

Sounds like you'll be able to pull my 7k tow rig, 1.8k trailer and 3.2k jeep out - I have a 4x4 2000 Dodge CTD, but no chains :gee:

Jeremy and Matt I have some great news. I just bumped Alex off the list so we have just enough room for both of you.

Sorry Alex :conceited maybe next time :D But if it is any consolation to you, we will still need your new pretty Master Pull straps. We can report back to you, when we get back, on how they did. I sure hope we don't "lose" them.:laugh3:

Once again I'm sorry Alex, but they are WAY cooler then you ;) :firedevil

Current list
1 Jeremy
2 Michael
3 Joe
4 Matt West
5 Doug (maybe)
6 XJranger
7 RRT
8 Keil
9 Matt Adair
10 Karl

An OLD snowrun picture to wet your appetite.
Snowun11-27-05022.jpg

BTW Just kidding

Back