• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Underage Drinking

Did you drink before the legal age?

• Yes

Votes: 289 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 41 12.4%

• Total voters
xXJx said:
i was in a discussion with someone actually. expressing my opinions and beliefs is not pushin them on you genius. read a few more of my posts and mabey you will understand. theres always some a$$hole like you out there i guess. i dont give two chits what you tolerate round these parts. what are you gonna do ban me? for having a discussion with someone else?

i dont swim in your toliet so dont pee in my pool fag.

hmmm.... I found this for ya...

NAXJA forum Code of Conduct...
Rudeness toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated. Any participant who is intentionally unpleasant, obscene, or disruptive will receive one (1) warning. Any participant who offends after receiving a warning may be suspended for a period of time determined by the BOD, or banned permanently without further warning.

Personal attacks directed toward another Forum participant will not be tolerated.

Unless you know him, and even then you'd better hope he's in a GOOD mood.

You youngsters, OI VAY. And coming after a Former office holder at that.

"common sense is not very common anymore " - unknown

word to the wise, beacuse I've been there....you'd better start caring about what is, and is not tolerated around here. Just becuase you don't see the lines drawn...doesn't mean they don't EXIST.

xXJx said:
i was in a discussion with someone actually. expressing my opinions and beliefs is not pushin them on you genius. read a few more of my posts and mabey you will understand. theres always some a$$hole like you out there i guess. i dont give two chits what you tolerate round these parts. what are you gonna do ban me? for having a discussion with someone else?

i dont swim in your toliet so dont pee in my pool fag.

I am sorry, can you please clarify what you mean?

As I see it, you posted your thoughts in public. I did not agree, and now you are calling me names? You think I am an asshole because I do not agree with you? You want to insult me because I do not agree with your position? Ban you? Possibly... you are violating the rules.. so yes, you could be banned. BTW... don't I know that Username from somewhere? Hmmmm

Keep it up, you WILL be on a time out.

Glenn said:
I am sorry, can you please clarify what you mean?

As I see it, you posted your thoughts in public. I did not agree, and now you are calling me names? You think I am an asshole because I do not agree with you? You want to insult me because I do not agree with your position? Ban you? Possibly... you are violating the rules.. so yes, you could be banned. BTW... don't I know that Username from somewhere? Hmmmm

Keep it up, you WILL be on a time out.

you didnt agree with me and then you told me to stop preaching and go somewhere else. you took it from a discussion to a end all close minded statement. your tryin to make me out to be the bad guy but im not the one who busted the middle of a conversation and said screw you, we dont like you, go home. all i was doing was exchanging opinons with someone who wasnt you.

Glenn said:
BTW... don't I know that Username from somewhere? Hmmmm

i dont follow, please tell me what you mean.

Take your preaching elsewhere. Quite simple. I do not care if you think I jumped in the middle of your conversation with others. If it was private, use E-mail. Otherwise, deal with the comments made by Members of this club.

Cheers.

xXJx said:
you didnt agree with me and then you told me to stop preaching and go somewhere else. you took it from a discussion to a end all close minded statement. your tryin to make me out to be the bad guy but im not the one who busted the middle of a conversation and said screw you, we dont like you, go home. all i was doing was exchanging opinons with someone who wasnt you.

i dont follow, please tell me what you mean.

xXJx said:
im not the one who busted the middle of a conversation and said screw you, we dont like you, go home. all i was doing was exchanging opinons with someone who wasnt you.

Just so you know....

1.) He (Glenn) NEVER said "screw you".
2.) He (Glenn) NEVER said " We don't like you"
3.) He (Glenn) NEVER said " Go home" He said take it somewhere else.
4.) By initiating (SP) a conversation here, you've opened up the right to everyone else to disagree with you, use your remarks against you, and call SPOBI when/if it is needed.

If you can't handle that then let me be the first to tell you to STFU, and GO HOME. When you can play nicely...come back.

It's just THAT simple. Unless you like stepping on toes...

All Topics, in ALL forums, are open for discussion by all Members / Users.

The option for you to open up your own site is readily available.

xXJx said:
no. i cant stand back and hear alcohol is good in moderation.

Well, at least you're honest enough to admit that you don't want to hear the truth. That doesn't leave much point, however, in trying to have a rational discussion of the matter with you.

Glenn said:
Take your preaching elsewhere. Quite simple. I do not care if you think I jumped in the middle of your conversation with others. If it was private, use E-mail. Otherwise, deal with the comments made by Members of this club.

Cheers.

how about you take your preaching somewhere else? all im doing is expressing opinion, so thats preaching? because you disagree its preaching? its great how quickly a one sided argument can be lined up. and you guys call me closed minded and preachy.

xXJx said:
how about you take your preaching somewhere else? all im doing is expressing opinion, so thats preaching? because you disagree its preaching? its great how quickly a one sided argument can be lined up. and you guys call me closed minded and preachy.

xXJx, discussion and expressing an opinion is one think, saying how you thing others should live and act is another (that's beyond opinon that's along the lines of the preaching part, and that's why I joked about the prohibition). You also threw the first punch when you started to call people names.

thaaaaaaat's alll folks :cheers:

Kejtar said:
xXJx, discussion and expressing an opinion is one think, saying how you thing others should live and act is another

please by all means quote where i told people who to live and act.

:) + :lecture: + :rolleyes: + :mad: + :laugh3: + :wierd: +
:speepin: + :gag: + :)rattle:x 3.14x10^6) + hasta +
:heart: + :flamemad: + :bs: + :jester: + :tears: + :twak: +
:puke: + :nono: + :confused1 + ..... (x2) ... = :lock: ?

Beej said:
:) + :lecture: + :rolleyes: + :mad: + :laugh3: + :wierd: +
:speepin: + :gag: + :)rattle:x 3.14x10^6) + hasta +
:heart: + :flamemad: + :bs: + :jester: + :tears: + :twak: +
:puke: + :nono: + :confused1 + ..... (x2) ... = :lock: ?
damn..... and people said that I have a smiley problem!

xXJx said:
no. i cant stand back and hear alcohol is good in moderation. sure the good is always talked about when its in moderation and the bad is always talked about when in excess, i find it hard to believe something thats this bad in excess is good in moderation.

I think I'll jump in. I find it hard to believe you don't understand this concept. You just mentioned eating meats. What about uh, basically everything else that you put in your body. Iron, vitamins a, c, etc, too much is toxic. Of course alcolhol isin't a vitamin. Sugar, really bad for you except you need some of it. Caffeine in small amounts is useful for energy but causes problems in larger amounts. And even oxygen. Its such a reactive compound that breathing it is destroying you. You can't live without it but your tissues and cells age from exposure to oxygen. I'm sure youve heard of "noting in excess". You do get the point though. While in small amounts it may damage, its kind of insignificant and may have benefits, unless the quantity used is increased, to the point where the damage is overwhelming. Your body is full of poisions though, your sells produce toxins that need to be constantly flushed out with water.

But heres the deal. If you had come here and said, "basically I think its not a good idea because of so and so had bad experiences with different substances, so I don't think its a good idea," everything would be cool. I would say "yeah, I understand & respect your point, I don't really enjoy feeling drunk and belligerent but I like to relax every so ofen and have drink or just a few beers." Instead you came with this immature holier than thou attitude like youre on top of everything and know whats best (even the Mayo Clinic, why the hell would the want to spread disinformation). Not to mention your rediculous attitude and lack of faith in "underage" Americans, your own age group, many of whom are pretty talented and your only reasoning is that some of them are using or a few abusing alcolhol. Then you wonder why youre getting flamed...

Last edited:
dmillion said:
You know, the odd thing to me is that my daughter is 16 and we recently spent a couple of weeks in France. Over there it is perfectly legal for a 16 year-old to drink in a restaurant. We asked if she wanted to try some wine or beer with meals and she declined. Maybe it was the idea of drinking in front of mom and dad--and with their permission--that didn't appeal to her. I'm sure that if the situation had come up when I was 16 I would have jumped at the chance.

By the way, this was my first visit to France. Fabulous place to go, if you ever get the chance. And don't believe any of the crap you hear about the French being unfriendly and not liking Americans. We never ran into anyone who was anything but friendly and helpful while we were over there.
Thank you, that's what I keep telling everyone...Maybe the gov't there is retarded but the citizens love us. I went on a class trip and we actually got to be in Normandy on the anniversary of D-Day. There were more American flags flying there than I see here on the 4th of July.

xXJx said:
im sure you can always find a good thing in a bad substance, african tribes say that smoking pot gives them better eyesite at night, im sure it can eeven be proven they have better eyesite at night, but thats a high price to pay for dead brain cells and lung cancer, erictile dysfunction, hairy tounge, and the munchies amung other wonderfull side affects.

Interesting but wrong. Folks have claimed cannabis does all that but all they can really prove is the munchies and a link to lung cancer. The link to lung cancer is not even a firm link.

http://www.drugtext.org/sub/cannabis1.html
http://www.ccguide.org.uk/noharm.php

Sarge

Last edited:
BlackSport96 said:
Maybe the [French] gov't there is retarded but the citizens love us.

Yep! I don't think the French take politics as personally as a lot of people here in the U.S. do. They may dislike what our government is doing, but they don't see any reason why that should affect the relationships between people. I suspect that has to do with the fact that they have, like, five or six viable political parties, so there isn't as much of the "us vs. them" attitude that goes on between Democrats and Republicans.

Do you know that following the 9/11 attack they had a memorial mass at Notre Dame de Paris? They PACKED the place with more than 6,000 Parisians, and not a dry eye in the house, according to a fellow I talked to who was there. Didn't read about that in the U.S. newspapers, did you?

Sarge said:
Interesting but wrong. Folks have claimed cannabis does all that but all they can really prove is the munchies and a link to lung cancer. The link to lung cancer is not even a firm link.

http://www.drugtext.org/sub/cannabis1.html
http://www.ccguide.org.uk/noharm.php

Sarge

Kudos for backing up with links to info...
BTW the link to lung cancer can be cured by using something alled the 007 kit vaporizer. no combustion and a cooling device. quite revolutionary for a bunch of potheads. goes to show that some people can afford losing brain cells (which comes from the idea that one has to hold in the "smoke" which contributes to a mild form of asphyxiation (SP?) which in turn kills brains cells). Pot itself does not kill braincells because humans have been using it in one way or another for so long that our brains have special receptors for this THC (basically opiate receptors)...and these receptors don't die.
I am not for marijuana, however from a scientific point of view it is far more harmless than alcohol...

Back