• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tuttle Creek Park Manager

KSXJ

NAXJA Forum User
GregGreg Wurst Tuttle Creek Park Manager said:
Greetings. I got a call from an adjacent landowner to the north and west boundary of the ORV Area. He said that twice in the past few weeks he had to mend the fence between his land and the ORV Area because it had been broken by 'wheelers. He is very concerned about this issue since he put cattle on his land May 1.
I discussed the situation and courses of action with my supervisor. Whatever we decided, I told him, I would put it on this website to let everyone know. He replied that you all do a good job of policing the area and its users. We will make this announcement now and if we have no more problems it will be wonderful. If we have another problem with the fence being broken we will permanently close the trail.
I walked the north boundary. From the landowner's description and the fact that there are new splices on the fence I believe the area he is concerned about is very close to the NORTH FENCE sign. Rocks have been placed along the fence by someone to better delineate the area. It would be a good idea to place rocks higher and/or wider to form more of a boundary at the fence.
I would also ask that should you notice the fence is damaged please splice it back together. Most of you carry tool kits. Add a few pieces of wire to them.
The area looks great overall and I appreciate all your efforts to keep it that way.
The 'bin blocks' in the staging area will be used sometime in the future to curtail traffic along the shoreline when the lake is low. Going outsides the boundaries of the area off road is a ticketable action. Yes, this includes driving along the shoreline from Fancy Creek campground to the ORV Area.
We have a new volunteer who cleans the ORV Area vault toilet and picks up the trash on Mondays and Fridays. If you see Jack driving a little white S-10 with a government tag say hi and thanks. He is doing a good job.
Thank you all for your time and effort. If you have any questions call me at 785-539-8511.
GregGreg Wurst
Tuttle Creek Park Manager

Thanks for posting that up Blake. For the few of us that are out this way and get the pleasure of wheeling Tuttle, it is nice to have it there and knowing that it is a free place to wheel as well. I know that when we (you, me and our groups) wheel out there we respect the boundaires but this serves as a good reminder to others and also reminds me that I usually have splices and fencing pliers in all my rigs...just the farmer in me I guess :farmer:

and by the way, whe are we gonna wheel together again?? I am still cool with ya even if you drive a YJ :D

going to ksrocks the 29 or 30th. not sure yet.

But I usually cary bailing wire and snips with me also. So when I am at the park next I will try to hit that trail just to make sure it is ok.

pssshhh..NO! my WIFE does!! haha! I have been known to take it out on occassion for a spin. She actually got stuck in it last night, but lucky for her she got it out under its own power b/c I was planting a corn test plot w/ my seed dealer...and I was not coming home to help!

haha...smart ass!! And yes, I got 3 of them! :D A guys got to have a vented summer hat, a closed back winter hat and a nice clean hat for going to town in....duh!!

:D :D

Also, thanks guys for making an effort to keep the property maintained and fenced. We have had those problems at RB in the past so I know what the property manager is going through.

hey Byron, I can send ya a "free" Pioneer seed hat if ya want one :D

This thread is pretty much derailed anyway, so... my Grandpa had a plethora of seed corn/soybean hats, pretty much the same rotation; summer mesh back, winter heavy hat and a pristine flatbill Pioneer he only wore to Sunday lunch after church :D

Back