• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Campout: 8/12 - 8/15

So i finally found out what that "rotational clicking" sound was. was parked today and thougth alright thats driving me crazy wasnt long before i realized oh the passenger side ujoint is bumped outta place and every time it revolves its thumping against the bolts on the knuckle i think is what its called. Thing that the drag link attaches too on the passenger side and what the tie rod connects to on the drivers side... OOPS!!! must have bumped a rock or two a little too hard while i was up there haha. It was smoking when i noticed it lol. Oh also figured out that they only installed a Posi LSD unit in the rear. In other words i should be getting some free work done here soon :cheers:

All right, Grab a beer and some chips.. here comes my write up..

After everyone got camp setup.. and Dustin arrived fashionably late:eeks1: we hit Firebreak 5, of course with all the stuff above you know that.

20100812_152529_23.jpg

We were all a little jealous of Ryan and his AC... Dustin and Steven ( sorry if thats not how you spell it) cornered him as he made his pass by the Rock of Doom and tried to disable it...

20100812_153524_27.jpg

Here we were on our way to Saddle up

20100812_161757_29.jpg

SOOOO many nights we have joked around at Browns about fishing Crawdads out of the stream for dinner... well... it finally happened...

20100812_210044_39.jpg

No.. its not lord of the flies... its Dinner from the creek..

20100812_205917_33.jpg

20100812_205959_36.jpg

Rod and Steven ate them... Brave... or.. hmm....

Here is one of my favorite views, after climbing Saddle up.

20100812_175516_31.jpg

Friday, we decided to hop on the highway and get on down to archers so we could conquer waterfall and can opener.

I am not sure where my camera was on waterfall.. so on to can opener.

Whats this? Just another jeep in the rocks?

20100813_161820_43.jpg

Oh no.. The great gods of gravity were tryiing to thwart all of Dustins atempts.. Somehow he settled into a diff/muffler/axle puzzle of rocks..

Here we have the obstacles that needed to be overcome on this extraction..

The front view
20100813_161828_44.jpg

The Side-

20100813_161901_46.jpg

The rear

20100813_163111_47.jpg

All in all we got him out with some minor exhaust modifications.

Then we went and Rod and Dustin attacked Mini Rubi. By this time we determined that my front locker was MIA and making a nice clicking noise so I chose to take it easy.

20100813_184546_61.jpg

On Saturday we ran cedar tree with the group. This was pretty awesome as Ryan found the Cedar Tree Geo Cache.. It was right where we all thought it was... just needed to move a little wood. Big props for Ryan.

Rod is now a Cedar Tree Whore... going under every chance he gets...

20100814_124304_75.jpg

:scared: HOLY BIG PICS!!!!

Looks like everyone had a great time! Thanks for sharing

I am. I know you feel the need to compensate but just hang a set of rubber balls from your back bumper or something...

I upload em and post a link. :twak: Don't be a hater Jason. Besides.. the rubber balls look so nice on that necklace you wear... I couldn't steal your look.

Last edited:
Here are videos of Rod's run up can opener-

The inital wall

Rolling through the rest of it, to the top not taking the lower turn to the right.

Here is teh video of Dustin rolling out of the rock puzzle.

thx for the hospitality guies. had a great time as usual. not manny pics worth posting. but, i will get the offical KING of the Hill vid "airplane hill" that is. as soon as i find my camera... ops.

i headded out saturday evening to find my no show.... picked up wife and kids then headded to the coast. ended the weekend in pasific city, with some lunch at sandlake with the fam :) such a good weekend.

thx agin guies.
John.

Did you happen to get any shots from the passenger side as I went down? I found my passenger rear flare hanging off and a pretty good rock rash on it when I got home and I'm thinking I probably hit it then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p48Hi8cncRY

Looks like it was already loose. Maybe it was during your winch fest up Hogsback? :D

So i finally found out what that "rotational clicking" sound was. was parked today and thougth alright thats driving me crazy wasnt long before i realized oh the passenger side ujoint is bumped outta place and every time it revolves its thumping against the bolts on the knuckle i think is what its called. Thing that the drag link attaches too on the passenger side and what the tie rod connects to on the drivers side... OOPS!!! must have bumped a rock or two a little too hard while i was up there haha. It was smoking when i noticed it lol. Oh also figured out that they only installed a Posi LSD unit in the rear. In other words i should be getting some free work done here soon :cheers:
Wow! By the sounds of it you lost a cap or two in the axle u-joint. That could have been really bad. Glad you made it home alright. Check the shaft around the ears (where the joint presses in) for any cracks or breaks.

I upload em and post a link. :twak: Don't be a hater Jason. Besides.. the rubber balls look so nice on that necklace you wear... I couldn't steal your look.

FYI, just below the "Upload" button click "more options," and select a size you want them resized to.

WOW ! This has got to be the most well documented run EVER ! lol

And Ryan... did i miss the NWFest video being posted at some point ? or have you been holding out on us ? Thats good shit man !

Yeah soon as i finally took a look at it and saw what the "mystery" noise was, i thought to myself hmmm that could have been really bad :eek:. Glad i made it home with not problems though :) and as far as i can tell there arent any cracks.... (yet) haha. everything is still covered in an inch of dust thought lol.

Back