• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tron Legacy

Crusher16

RRC President
NAXJA Member
Saw it last night. I enjoyed it. 3D wasn't over the top stupid. Good music too.

daft punk = awesome

heard most of the movie wasnt even filmed in 3D....true? be just as good in regular movie, not 3D?

daft punk = awesome

heard most of the movie wasnt even filmed in 3D....true? be just as good in regular movie, not 3D?

Not completely true. I think the first quarter (filmed to be real life) isn't in 3D.

Yeah, but the multi-level light cycle game was pretty cool.

I thought it was effing awesome! I just ordered a rebuild kit for my WARN hubs on Amazon, so I added the Daft Punk soundtrack to the order since I was getting free shipping.

Originally Posted by urban yan
I'm surprised a Parisian Electro-Pop band puts out music that anyone would find enjoyable, usually even the eurotards don't like eurotard pop music .
ahhh yes... that's the kind of response I've come to expect from this place. Kudos to you buddy.

Saw it last night, it was pretty enjoyable to watch, not too original plot wise. (if you have seen the matrix and star wars, you have already seen this movie)
Cool visuals. Id watch it again.

Saw it last night, it was pretty enjoyable to watch, not too original plot wise. (if you have seen the matrix and star wars, you have already seen this movie)
Cool visuals. Id watch it again.

You do realize the original Tron movie came out almost 30 years ago? So pretty sure the Matrix would have the be the non-original one.

Don't see the connection to Star Wars at all.

Saw it last night in IMAX 3D. Loved it. The original was one of my favourite movies as a kid, and I'm really glad they didn't screw up this sequel as has happened with so many others.

Have to say that this is the first film I've seen in 3D where the 3D hasn't been gimmicky - yeah, there are a couple of little throwaway 'hey, look at this' eye-candy items, but overall it works well within the context of the film. It's not just there because they needed something else to make people buy a ticket; it really does give a better sense of involvement.

I don't get the Star Wars connection either, but there were definite Blade Runner influences in there, particularly the ending. Not a complaint by any means, though - and it makes sense, given that Syd Mead was majorly involved with all three films as a visual designer.

Have to say that this is the first film I've seen in 3D where the 3D hasn't been gimmicky - yeah, there are a couple of little throwaway 'hey, look at this' eye-candy items, but overall it works well within the context of the film. It's not just there because they needed something else to make people buy a ticket; it really does give a better sense of involvement.

Have to agree on that.

My favorite 3D moment was on the train looking at the portal.

You do realize the original Tron movie came out almost 30 years ago? So pretty sure the Matrix would have the be the non-original one.

Alright, time to get nerdy.

Sam's dad was a fairly obvious ben kenobi character.
Go back to episode 4. Obi wan is an old, meditating master, who knows all the secrets of the world. Even the clothing and looks are so similiar.
jeff-bridges-tron-legacy.jpg

BenKenobiV2Wallpaper.jpg

Heck, even at the end of the movie, he sacrifices himself so that luke.. uhh i mean sam can escape destruction.

Blackgaurd = storm troopers

Clu = darth vader ( he even says "I am NOT your father" to sam)

Renziler = bobafett (untill the end)

Let me just breifly describe the end of the movie and lets see if you can tell if i am talking about episode 4 or Tron Legacy.

" both factions meet at a facility which has significant and dangerous capability if used by the antagonist. An elder gentleman playing the father figure sacrifices himself to be struck down by some sort of glowing energy based hand weapon in order for the rest of his allies to escape unharmed. Then the good guys complete their mission and then following a catastrophic explosion, they return to a more peaceful, but not perfectly safe world. the movie concludes with the both the father figure and antagonist questionably dead. While the hot chick and main characters enjoy their triumph in a forested area."

Any questions?

They also ripped a line straight from "Top Gun":

"Take the shot!"

Still and all, pretty good. Like most action/adventure movies, I wore ear plugs in the theater. Pretty good ones too. They cut 23 Db off the top. I think there was only a couple words of one sentence I missed. Why do they play the soundtrack so loud?

Alright, time to get nerdy.

Sam's dad was a fairly obvious ben kenobi character.
Go back to episode 4. Obi wan is an old, meditating master, who knows all the secrets of the world. Even the clothing and looks are so similiar.

Heck, even at the end of the movie, he sacrifices himself so that luke.. uhh i mean sam can escape destruction.

Blackgaurd = storm troopers

Clu = darth vader ( he even says "I am NOT your father" to sam)

Renziler = bobafett (untill the end)

Let me just breifly describe the end of the movie and lets see if you can tell if i am talking about episode 4 or Tron Legacy.

" both factions meet at a facility which has significant and dangerous capability if used by the antagonist. An elder gentleman playing the father figure sacrifices himself to be struck down by some sort of glowing energy based hand weapon in order for the rest of his allies to escape unharmed. Then the good guys complete their mission and then following a catastrophic explosion, they return to a more peaceful, but not perfectly safe world. the movie concludes with the both the father figure and antagonist questionably dead. While the hot chick and main characters enjoy their triumph in a forested area."

Any questions?

I think that's kind of a weak assessment. Yeah, there are some similarities but you're cherry picking from three different star wars movies to compare them to this movie. Yes, there are some similarities but its not really ripping on SW at all.

I mean, there's also Sam who doesn't want to take his father's company and just dicks around during his youth. By the end, he has come to realize his errors but realizes that he can't do it on his own. He ends up passing the company on to the family friend older mentor character. Obviously, this movie is channeling Billy Madison. See how easy that was?

Back