• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission problems after engine rebuild.

If I remember is ~38
So that just leaks spark pretty much.
Have you done plugs wires cap and rotor recently ?

Cant remember either I've found youtube video who said its 30-40psi, the higher being without vacuum on the regulator. On line guides seem to stress 49 psi which I think is the later XJs.
I've got 29psi at idle and 40 psi with the vacuum disconnected.

I don't think its a fuel supply problem, I've watched it a few times in the morning and pressure never drops low enough to cause this. BTW Now it is no longer stalling out just dropping rpm for a second then back to normal.
My guess is a good seafoam cleaning may fix it.

BTW Did the plugs, cap, rotor and wires with the boys not four months ago with no change to this problem. Then it went away for awhile, now its back and looks like maybe slowly going away.

Last edited:
ITS BACKK !!.. she misshifted. then threw a code.
So happy I checked the code immediately. because the next startup it was gone.

Code 15 SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT
code 25 IAVC

WOOHOOO !!! never been so happy to see a check engine light

Time to do some wire hunting.

Idle air control circuit #25 and #15 is speed sensor

I believe there are two speed sensor on this transmission, I forget which is where but the simple one that feeds the speedometer is probably fine and it's the other one you need to swap.
Unless this is a wiring harness problem.
It's nice to get a code hopefully you'll be on the right track.

I don't know why these computer controlled cars can have so many problems that never get recorded or trigger a cel. My starting issue went away and came back in a week. No codes either. My sister has a 2008 vehicle that one time she had to rush kids to the doctor it started and ran like absolute crisp to me it sounded mistimed but never do it again or trigger a code. Other owners reported a similar experience with no solution or explanation . Usually never happens again. Or they trade it in I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Sadly I think I am going to have to pull the whole harness to find this. I looked along it and cannot see any issues.

You said you set the TPS but did you test it over its range? It sounds like you may have one or more 'dead' spots.

Back