• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission overheating?

When you say overheating what is the temp the fluid is reaching? I take it you have a trans temp sensor. Is it blowing fluid out the dipstick tube? Does it slip? Are you towing or going off-road?

Yep, we need alot more info: do you have a temp gauge, and if so where is the sensor? What temps are you seeing?

If not, what is happening? What type of fluid are you using and has this
happened before?

Kind of like seeing a doctor, please be specific on what you are seeing.

Yes have a temp guage. The temp guage says it is getting all the way up to like 280? the sensor is in the metal line(not sure what the line is called and if its taking in or letting out the tranny fluid sorry.) Another weird thing is it will read a cooler temp sometimes like around the norm. 170-190 and sometimes it reads way hot?

Only thing is the guage says its getting hot, dosent drive any diffrent even when it gets that hot, no slipping nothing! Nope havent been towing or offroading. havent been in a while. no fluid out the dipstick either.

I took the tranny cooler off blew a little bit of compresed air the it and came threw fine no cloggs.. I did go out and buy a cheap laser thermometer and i saw it overheating"from what the guage says" got out sot it with the thermometer and it said the hottest was 190(dont know if the inside could be a diffrent temp tho) so im kinda thinking its the guage? not sure.

Changed out the fluid, filter and all that good stuff. even put in a little transmisson conditioner. mabe that helped? idk im pretty set its the guage cause when i started her up to check the fluid, i let it run for a bit and checked it. looked at the guage and it said it was like 260 or so so i figured no way its that hot already so i touched the end othe dip stick and there was no way it was that hot.

Back