• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trails Update

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
Due to the number or vehicles, we have tentatively decided to break up the group into two groups and run both the Black Bear/Imogen and Alpine Loops both days.

As I stated in my post, on the Black Bear trail, the intent is to stop in Telluride for lunch. You can bring your own, or I will be stopping at a local grocery there that has a great deli. There are several restaurants as well. The intent is to allow some time for visiting Telluride, but not a ton.

On the Alpine Loop, we will be doing a lunch break on the trail. Lake City is a small town and I don't think they have much in the way of anything approaching a venue that could handle the crowd and we will most likely be there in the afternoon. The first part of the trail, namely Engineer Pass, is bumpy and takes a while to run. Nothing hard, but not a superhighway for speed. The return via Cinnamon Pass is much easier and consequently faster. I plan to exit via Silverton, where some may want to do the tourist thing before returning via the highway.

I can't speak for the group that I am not leading, but I would think they will do similar types of things for meals.

As for the BBQ, things are up in the air right now. I am having trouble setting things up to get a grill available. I should know more in a day or so.

Oh, for your information, Bones will be the other trail leader for the Ouray portion. So you can harass him as well.

Hey Bones, if you are listening, do you have any plans for your trail runs you want to post?

Another word. Everyone make sure and bring your swimsuits. Ouray has a awesome public hotsprings pool setup. It sure feels good after a day bouncing around in a 4x4.

Your preaching to the choir here. I just made a list of what I have to get done. I've got 9 projects to finish before I leave.

tom/grant,

so how's the second half of the trip looking? will we be splitting the group in BV?

Back