• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toyo Open Country A/T

I have them on my 97 Tahoe. I like them. They seem to ride well, make a little more noise than I think they should, but not bad. I like the more squared off shoulder too. They worked well in loose, rocky dirt when I was backing a trailer uphill. I have not had them in the snow yet, but I expect them to be decent. I did get mine siped. I think I would buy them again.

My dad runs these on his truck and my sister on her four runner. They ride a hell of a lot better than the stock wranglers my dads truck had.

I don't have pics right now but my pops ran over a wrench and it got stuck in his tire. He drove around for about a month complaining about a clicking noise. Finally I saw the wrench. The tire didn't lose a pound of pressure. I was impressed. I will try and post pics soon.

I'm on my second set (started with stock size, went to 30s a year ago).

Ride is good, and I've not had any complaints in rain or snow except when I got up around 50K on them (the P-metric ones are rated to 50K or 60K). Pretty good off-road too - other than situations where you really need an MT, they're quite effective.

I didn't think that they were noisy at all on the highway - seemed quiet enough to me.

Motornoggin - may I ask why you had them siped, and if there was an appreciable difference after doing so?

Rob

have them on a Dodge 1/2 ton. Good on road, good in rain, not a mud tire. I would look at the M/T if you kind find a size. Very equal to BFG AT.

Rob Mayercik said:
Motornoggin - may I ask why you had them siped, and if there was an appreciable difference after doing so?

Rob

I had them siped because all those little edges are supposed to grip much better in rain/snow/ice and we get all three here in OR. It was very cheap, $5-10 per tire. I don't know about the difference it makes, as I had it done when I bought them.

good all around tire, hold up very well,not something I'd take in the deeper mud they plug up, but even good in the dry snow,wet roads and dry pavement.

Ok, here are the pics of the wrench I promised.

I was impressed. My dad drove around with this in his tire for about 3 weeks. Still held air and only indication something was wrong was the "tick, tick, tick" my dad kept complaining about.

IMGP0039Small.jpg

IMGP0036Small.jpg

i have these on my 99 xj, 265/75-16 and love them on the road(quiet), sand(never got stuck), and no problems in the mud(w/speed). i had one blow out and had to replace the tire, but i had almost 40,000 on the set. looking to replace soon w/ same tires but not sure on size.

Had a set on an old 85 Nissan 4wd (beater) that lasted for over 60k (rotated every 3k) and absolutely loved them. They performed excellent in everything except heavy gumbo mud. I would buy another set again.

Back