• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TOTW: What is the Most Important Upgrade?

MischiefMan

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry that I was late with this week's topic....I've been busy. :D

Let's hear what your thoughts are on the best bang for the buck....and why you think this.

IMHO, the best bang for the buck is park entry fees. Learning to drive your rig off-road and make it go places it shouldn't seems more important to me than lifts, tires, armor, etc.

I guess a close second would be recovery.

hhhmmmm...maybe recovery first then education.......

Last edited:
I would say either lockers or recovery equipment personally. Lockers won't help much without recovery equipment. A wise man once said, "lockers will just make it that harder to get you out once you get stuck (because you'd make it that much further into the bad stuff). " LOL

Getting a real cup holder!

Thats a good question.

I will get back to you on that one. I guess I will try some critical thinking.

For the type of offroad I enjoy, high-powered offroad lights. In my opinion that's what matters most. Gotta be able to see to do anything.
Next come the rubbers. Can't get anywhere if your tires suck.

Does a cooler count as an upgrade?

...:bs:

Sorry to break in on the chapter, but I found the subject interesting. Of course, the lift and tires bit is always wonderful, BUT...

I think the best bang for the buck that I've ever purchased would be the winch. There is SO much you can do with one, and it is extremely nice knowing that I've got that thing in front any time I need it. :)

Cool topic!

Aye, we got some Cali kids in hurr lol. :sunshine::wave1:

Well, for me it depends on where you drive.

For rocks:armor, followed by traction aids (limited slips/lockers)

for mud and sand:lockers, followed by bigger tires(w/gearing to match)

I don't know anything about snow so I'll skip that

Of course, if you don't have recovery points those ALWAYS come first IMHO.

Best bang for the buck would be the LOCK-RITE. This is the best thing I've ever done to my XJ.

Back