• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Too Funny and deserving of its own thread.

Calm down DJManche, I'm just screwin around. But if you really wanna go there...
First off, there are plenty of people that would say the same thing about Fords that you are about Chevys. Same with Dodge.
And second, I dunno wtf you're talkin about GMs being more expensive and reasons for it and what not, but KBB lists the top-of-the-line 2011 Chevy (3500 4x4 dually, crew cab, leather and all the options) at $45k msrp. The Ford version of that truck rolls off the lot for around $60k at the dealerships around here. Now there's gotta be some good reasons people are willing to pay that much more, right? And go ask google what the #1 selling truck in America is... the Ford F-series.
Oh yeah and if Fords suck so much, why didn't they need a bailout when GM did?

Last edited:
Now there's gotta be some good reasons people are willing to pay that much more, right? And go ask google what the #1 selling truck in America is... the Ford F-series.

Yeah, for the same reasons that Obama got elected into office......... the majority of Americans are Lemmings. They do no research, they look at what their neighbor is doing and they follow.....

And the reason Ford didn't have to take bail out money? Customers were keeping them afloat with all the repair work being done at the Ford dealerships......

:D

Not to mention how cheap they make their vehicles .
I'm sorry but Car-lite / safty-lite glass ... (n)

So somebody paid 60k for a ford ? :roflmao:

No wonder they didn't need the bailout . Got some fools suckered .
Go look at the base list of what that vehicle actually costs to make .

I never said anything about Chevy being better than anybody .
I am just saying that every company out there make some good / bad vehicles.

I've never had any problems with the GM vehicles I've owned over the years .
No I wouldn't own a crappy H2 / H3 , nor would I buy a gaystang .

No way that is a 3/4 ton, and most likely not even a 1/2 ton of any make!

Look at the lack of leaf springs on the right side of the picture, all I see is 2. Small suv at best.

nogo3.jpg

No way that is a 3/4 ton, and most likely not even a 1/2 ton of any make!

Look at the lack of leaf springs on the right side of the picture, all I see is 2. Small suv at best.

Ok, I'll agree, it's not a 3/4 ton, but it's definitely a Chevy Silverado, mid 2000 year range.

Here's an '04 1/2 ton. It has 2 leafs in the pack with one overload leaf. All of which are visible in the photos of the mattress truck. Here's a different Silverado:

0411st_23_z+2004_chevrolet_silverado+factory_caliper.jpg

0411st_20_z+2004_chevrolet_silverado+leaf_pack.jpg

Here's an '07 Silverado. Notice the location of the gas tank (opposite angle of the mattress pics, looking at the back of the axle.) and notice the same leaf pack with overload leaf. Same u-bolt bracket under the axle, same black plastic strap holding the brake line to the axle tube......

0704tr_18_z_+2007_chevy_silverado+remove_shocks.jpg

I'm right, you're wrong......... :looser:

Ok, I'll agree, it's not a 3/4 ton, but it's definitely a Chevy Silverado, mid 2000 year range.

Here's an '04 1/2 ton. It has 2 leafs in the pack with one overload leaf. All of which are visible in the photos of the mattress truck. Here's a different Silverado:

0411st_23_z+2004_chevrolet_silverado+factory_caliper.jpg

0411st_20_z+2004_chevrolet_silverado+leaf_pack.jpg

Here's an '07 Silverado. Notice the location of the gas tank (opposite angle of the mattress pics, looking at the back of the axle.) and notice the same leaf pack with overload leaf. Same u-bolt bracket under the axle, same black plastic strap holding the brake line to the axle tube......

0704tr_18_z_+2007_chevy_silverado+remove_shocks.jpg

I'm right, you're wrong......... :looser:

Must have been dropped then. Not enough leafs.

I was talking about the original picture.

Nope - the '04 pics are from an install article of a 2wd being lowered, but the pic is before the drop kit has been installed. That's the stock configuration.

The '07 pics are of a 4x4 Silverado Z71 from an off road magazine article prior to having been lifted. The Z71 4x4's have a lift block as part of it's stock configuration.

I'm still right! :looser:

I knew which pic you were referring to.

.........and I'm STILL right.

I had a 76 Chevy Stepside with a 454, 4" lift and ran 35's. I was in an accident where I hit a Volvo Sedan at about 35 mph, maybe more and nearly put the rear bumper under backseat. Accordioned the front of it when I pushed it into the Ranger pickup in front of it and the pickup slammed in to a wrangler in front of it. In almost the same second a brand new Dodge Intrepid stuffed itself under my rear bumper.
My tow hitch punctured his block and it took 2 tow trucks to separate us; his whole front clip came off then.
My point is that this was a MAJOR accident, though there were no injuries. The Volvo, Ranger pickup, Jeep Wrangler and the Dodge all left the scene on tow trucks, I pulled one rear fender off the tire with a bar and drove away. There were two small dents where my crash bar touched my hood and I lost one fog-light.
I will always drive a Chevy or a GMC truck.

Lady (or guy, whatever) I don't think that's how you install a coil spring conversion kit...

Dude , Fords are made in Mexico , you're talking to a guy thats NEVER lost to a Ford , Not in the last 30 years I've been driving . I've never been stranded by a
GM product that didn't involve my own stupidity . There is a BIG reason they cost more . This a case of amazing result , I've ran over a ton of shit in chevy's
without a problem , shopping carts , trees and yes allot of of random crap that should have done allot more damage than it did .

It has nothing to do with Ford Vs chevy .
Yeah, it's spelled UAW.

Yella, I am frankly scared by the fact that you managed to identify that vehicle by the U-bolt plates, driveshaft pillow bearing block, and brake line attachments.

Yella, I am frankly scared by the fact that you managed to identify that vehicle by the U-bolt plates, driveshaft pillow bearing block, and brake line attachments.

he's kindof a nerd like that.

he's kindof a nerd like that.

I concur with that statement. :greensmok

......although he might share his knowledge Padawan, if the force is strong in you.

I hope to be able to do that at some point (getting pretty decent with jeeps, hondas, and dodge vans/pickups)... but someone at least tell me he's worked on that brand of vehicle extensively and didn't just somehow manage to conjure that info from thin air. I mean, damn!

I hope to be able to do that at some point (getting pretty decent with jeeps, hondas, and dodge vans/pickups)... but someone at least tell me he's worked on that brand of vehicle extensively and didn't just somehow manage to conjure that info from thin air. I mean, damn!

WOW....don't make Yella's head big or anything like that, he might hurt himself. :D

WOW....don't make Yella's head big or anything like that, he might hurt himself. :D

Again. How do you think it got all swollen to begin with? :laugh3:

Back