• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'Tis the freakin' season...

Spinnaker

NAXJA Forum User
So Lewis county has been getting fit pretty hard by this storm this week. Not to bad except no know how to drive in snow. It has been a blast to watch all the twits slide all over the place.

So I was leaving bank today and got a nice surprise. Check it out...
1220081516-00.jpg

1220081516-01.jpg

All the lug nuts where MIA. :smsoap: The only thing in life that I'm OCD about is my vehicles. So there is very little chance that I let them get loose. I think that someone stole the lug nuts while I was in Starbucks or loosened them while I was at work. There was no damage to the studs or anything so the lug nuts were no gone for long. And you'd know when they are loose cause you can feel the wheel rocking and whatnot.

Anyway, I had made it about 15ft from my parking spot when the wheel decided to go AWOL. No damage to the axle or even the wheel studs. Luckily there was a Schucks about a hundred yard away. I bought a set of lug nuts and a 4-way. I had to call my younger brother to bring me a hi-lift jack. I will never drive this again without my hi-lift onboard. :twak:

Best part was this happened right in the enterence of the parking lot so EVERYONE got a chance to see my moment of glory.

Enjoy guys,
Tim

PS... Yeah, yeah, I know... Samurai... But my brother in his XJ showed to bring me the jack so yeah.

LOL I *just* put my hi-lift in the garage... but I think I'm gonna go fetch it back out.

Thank-You as serving as a warning to others! :laugh:

E!

Time to invest in some lug nut locks.

I had that happen to my sammy but it was the nuts that hold the brake rotor to the axle and it broke 3 of the 4 bolts, in the middle of a trail, in the middle of no where!

Time to invest in some lug nut locks.

See the only problem with that is when he needs to take the wheel off he can never find the socket.:nono: Ask him how he knows.:spin1: This was an unfortunate event that happened on the trail at NW Fest '08. Damn valve stems.:party:

-PJ-

You get bigger tires, Tim? Either way, glad you got it fixed. That makes for a hell of a day.

Don't feel bad, that's why I can't run wheel locks either.

You get bigger tires, Tim? Either way, glad you got it fixed. That makes for a hell of a day.

Don't feel bad, that's why I can't run wheel locks either.

Nope, same tires I had at NWF '08. The cold weather and bias ply tires makes from some serious flat spots. They never get warm enough to round out. I'm hoping to get a set of LTB's next. Nice part about a Samurai is that they are so light you can run soft, sticky tires forever!

So yeah,
Tim

There were some douchebags doing that a couple of years ago up at Walker, removing/loosening lug nuts on tow rigs parked in the gravel lot. I hope whoever did it gets a tire-iron shampoo.

Back