• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire options

I want the MTRs for the wheeler but I have a second set of tires for street. That may be another option for ya. get a set of 16s & wrap em in the MTRs for the days you wheel it. Tire Rack ratings show the tire wear on MTRs to be "good" but the good is like a 5 out of 10.

I say get a set of 16 Rims for wheeling and just use Craigslist tires for Driving street.

Hm, the reviews from you guys on the MT/Rs are pretty favorable.

Ingenio: My Duratracs are P235/75R15, so probably they're load range "C". How much off-road will the DD see?

Since I currently have the two sets of rims (both are the factory 15x7 five-spoke alloys), I did consider going with dedicated street/trail tires, but garage space is tight and it's a bit of work to swap back and forth. Heck, if I didn't already have the 2nd set I'd definitely look hard at trading up to 16s, but since they're already here...

"Good" is probably sufficient for me these days on tread life - it's not like I'm putting 25-30K a year on the XJ any more.

"Good" is probably sufficient for me these days on tread life - it's not like I'm putting 25-30K a year on the XJ any more.

BINGO! You don't want to deal with two sets of tires/rims. Its a hassle and a waste, considering the amount of road driving you'll actually do.

Oh, and did you know that you can get the Kevlars in 33s;);)

I have the MTRs kevlars 32x11.5x15. I have had no problems at all. I like them alot. No problems in the snow and mud. Road noise is not bad. From the road driving I have done with them they seem like they will get a descent amount of miles. I have hydroplaned but higher speeds with deeper water, sure would be the same with any tire. I am right down the road from you if you need anything or have any questions.

BINGO! You don't want to deal with two sets of tires/rims. Its a hassle and a waste, considering the amount of road driving you'll actually do.

Oh, and did you know that you can get the Kevlars in 33s;);)

For the same price as 33 you can get the 35's at least the last time I checked tire rack. Just saying

Just in for my DD

P1018115.jpg

P1018113.jpg

Switching tires isnt a hassle or a waste. Burning up good MTs is a waste. Which is why 10 minutes with an impact is well worth my time.

Trail

P1018067.jpg

Street

P1018005.jpg

Just in for my DD

Switching tires isnt a hassle or a waste. Burning up good MTs is a waste. Which is why 10 minutes with an impact is well worth my time.

I do the same crap & I live in a townhouse so its a bit longer than 10mins dragging the tires down the basement but....

a/ts on stocker rims
JEEP014.jpg

m/ts
bath097.jpg

I used to change rims but then I got lazy and bought a spare set of Baja Claws.

Rob, I have had good success with the Destination MTs both on and off road. It was my first set of 33's. They had 5000 miles on them when I sold them because I went to 35's and the tread was like brand new. I had them in the snow back home and in lots of rainy weather down south on the coast.

I just put KM2's on the jeep and I think those are as nice as you'll find in an MT for on and off road driving.

Back